Calling all computer nerds (Know computer parts)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Jan 4, 2016.

1. It could be that you're not playing the most (GPU) intensive games.
    And, it's not like the 8350 or whatever is bad, it's just not as good as most Intel i5s and i7s (in most tasks). ;)
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  2. I believe the most intensive game I have played is either GTA V or MW3. I'm about to get Fallout 4 and try running it. Right now I have a 8150, so I may not even upgrade it! But thanks for the info guys! It gives me something to look at :)
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  3. Windows 10 (and I believe 8) defrags itself in the background now.
  4. Windows 7 could too, but I have it turned off :p
  5. It is my choice of motherboard, though it is expensive. If you have a link to a cheaper and better one put it down and i'll compare. The case I will change to your choice because I read a bit about the case I like what I see, still, can I put any LEDs in it? If fact, put any link to anything I need to change in here because that would be much appreciated :)

I do want windows 10 on this desktop, but first it has to go through windows 7, download windows 10 from there, and then windows 10 is on it...I think that is how it goes, still have to research that to be sure :p
  6. If you have a Windows 7 key, that's indeed how it works. I would suggest doing a clear Windows 10 install afterwards, though. :)
  7. What do you like in particular about the Sabertooth board? Is there something in specific that you like about it?

Also yes you can put LED strips in any case. Though white would be the only color that looks good in that case unless you color match all of the other parts.
  8. Well my brother once used an asrock, but that one croaked on him and then he chose a sabertooth, he chose it while commenting on my document I have on my personal google drive account (Undisclosed).
    Yey, changing case on ALL documents now ;-;

EDIT: I want a see through desktop, I didn't notice until now, sorry. I just want a see-through case to see all the parts, and shoving LED lights in good places make a dark room look nice, try and find one like that
  9. So? All manufacturers have boards die. I'm using an Asrock now, works fine. It's even second hand, and I've (terribly) overclocked my CPU on it. (obligatory knocks on wood)

---

Many cases above the price of 30 dollars or whatever have the option of a windowed sidepanel. :)
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  10. xHaro_Der likes this.
  11. Exactly!
  12. I like to call them "L33t h4X0r tveny vun YEET" cases.

AKA cases that offer no tangible features rather than using a sheet of metal bent into a box but attract people because they look 'gamery'.
  13. Hmm...link? lol, I wonder how much it is ._.
  14. It's a prebuilt PC by Lenovo. That case in that picture is actually very cheap to make. The Define R4 is more expensive.

Cases like the kind you like are usually cheaper because they're 'empty bling'. Meaning they "look expensive" but actually are pretty generic and cheap to make.
  15. Aww I wanted the case only :/
  16. i'll pass on this one..., i'm sticking with the one I have on the document and on the form
  17. could you stop with the cases? I made my decision on the case, it will stay :p
  18. Yay the desktop pics were deleted, thanks staff ;)
    Bump!
  19. CadenMann and ChickenDice like this.