Buildmode indicator

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Raaynn, May 29, 2017.

1. I gotta ssy first... Thanks again Aikar... as I love this feature. Using builmode with great frequency now.

My thought tho is I always seem to forget if its on or off.... and I dont appear to be alone.

The flashing indicator is there, but i thought it would be better really if there was a permanent icon in a corner when buildmode was on also... i think it would be easier to see it.

.... notes from a nube...
  2. How would you do that? The only icons are from effects, I think, and I don't think buildmode should give any... besides, the icon wouldn't be distinguishable from that of the actual effect.
    Raaynn likes this.
  3. I dont know about programing in mc... but I have used mods that show icons in the corners of the screen. Aikar is able to display a flashing message in a specific area of the display... so I dont see why it wouldnt be possible to program a fixed image in a corner of the screen.

But again.... i have knowledge as to how or if.
  4. Since /buildmode is only in the /wild, how about this.

I know people love/hate the flashing indicator saying buildmode is on. What if when your unsure if buildmode is on a simple /p could be done and when /p shows up in chat it'll either say your in buildmode or it won't say it at all. Thus letting you know instead of waiting for the indicator like to flash or typing /buildmode.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  5. Mods can do pretty much anything. EMC doesn't use mods, though.
    A specific area of the display? Are you sure? I know you can make text appear above the toolbar, and in the middle of the screen. And in chat, of course. I haven't ever seen text appear anywhere else on the screen, though.
    Raaynn likes this.
  6. No, I don't know either