Boss Locator

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MoldyFiletMignon, Jun 14, 2018.

1. It would be cool to find out where the bosses are, because of the fact that some boss hunters wouldn't have to waste their time just searching, and searching, and searching!

But this can have a few drawbacks, and some benefits about it:

1: People could abuse it to just locate any boss around the map. ( Only SOME people )
    2: It could benefit the boss hunters because it could sometimes get them what they're looking for.
    3: There should also be a bossmap for this suggestion.
    4: Some people would be happy to have it, because they could just look, and boom.
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Bosses usually spawn near whoever it spawns for, so if it's just you and a boss spawns then it should be near you. Thus I don't really see the need for this, I usually build a dirt tower and see if I can see them from there. If I can't I search around for probably no more than 2mins to find it
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Not a bad suggestion. Maybe just an alternative idea. Maybe they can have what Super Turkey's and BlizzArd's have which is a notification of how many chunks away you are. This might be better then a map of their location since it would take some fun of the hunt away and make it far too easy to find them. This way you still have to look but when you get within a certain range, you get a hint.

Just my thoughts :)
  4. This has been suggested before and quite frankly I'm still not too sure about the idea.

Because the downside is that such hunters could easily "steal" other people's claim. Another concern I have with this is that it would also somewhat "negate" the current 24hour "spawn cycle" (Momo will spawn once every day for every player). It would basically allow you to bypass that delay a bit, and I'm not too sure if that's fair.

For example... I'm mining and doing stuff in the waste and suddenly Momo appears. I definitely want to fight him but I don't have the right gear on me, so I decide to pause, head back to town and then fight him. There are other people in the waste, but none in my direction so I should be safe.

A friend comes online, I ask them if they want to fight Momo but accidentally (and as usual) in the wrong chat.

As a result a few players immediately swoop into the waste, use the tracker to find it and when I get back my Momo is gone. I don't think I'd like that.

See: I wouldn't mind if I knew that there were players somewhere in my area who found it, then it's really fair game. I found it, then they found it by accident so... You won't hear me complain because another will spawn soon.

But the idea that someone could simply "swoop in" and get "my" Momo doesn't sound fair to me at all.

And there's another thing to consider: we already have somewhat of a locater: the bossbar.

If you get within range of Momo and/or Marlix then the bossbar appears which is also a good locater. You'd still have to get somewhat close to him, but it's a lot better than what we used to have: nothing :)

So I have to go with +0 on this one.
    JParsonsX likes this.
  5. Don’t think we need this but if we do maybe they can be seen on /map