Best biomes for a 20th century, modern, or futuristic city?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by We3_MPO, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Everything should be considered when deciding, please. Looks of the biome, how flat the biome is, how dense the foliage is, and whether the area would have to be drained. I'd rather not be draining a swamp's worth of water, cutting a jungle's worth of trees, or flattening out a bunch of tall mountains or mesa plateaus. Snow also tends to get very annoying for non-Winter builds, as it piles up on roads and while building structures.

Also, I'm not concerned with lack of a certain biome, as the MPO has every biome somewhere, and most biomes at least twice.
  2. how about flower forrest/plains?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Thanks for the advice. I like the looks of flowers (and plants in general, especially colorful or tropical ones), and plains are very flat and nearly unobstructed to build on while still not being super ugly.
  4. I would say a plains biome, as cities are almost always built on flat ground. However, if you were to make a futuristic city, you could build it in the sky for an extra challenge. :p
    NuclearBobomb and We3_MPO like this.
  5. I do not want floating buildings in my city unless someone else decides to build their own floating building; in that case, it'd be OK, though. I do, however, insist on building skyscrapers in any of those three cases, and skyscrapers are exactly why I want something more recent or post-modern.

Also, I'm not concerned with lack of a certain biome, as the MPO has every biome somewhere, and most biomes at least twice. I've edited the OP to add this too.
  6. I'd say a plains biome too: just make all buildings floating above the ground and do some landscaping work around it. (In the sence of, making it float 10 blocks nad connect it to the ground with custom landscaping) the minecraft terraforming is terrible anyway :p The only reason you should consider the biome you're building in is for the grass colour, wich, for modern, is best at plains I'd say...
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. I would say Spruce or Plains actually, or anything... As long as you build in a modern way it should look okay, unless you're in an Acacia biome.
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  8. Flower Forest. Yes. Pollute the forest. How beautiful...
  9. Not really. But jungle is worse. That’s why when I build in jungles, I prefer to do treehouses and mossy/green stuff. And avoid clearing trees when I can. Jungles are too rare and beautiful to be removed!

Anyways, back on topic please. I’ve witnessed multiple derailing threads in the past two months, and none of them ended well.
  10. Not to bring this off topic... but First off, a flower forest and a jungle are 2 different biomes. Second of all, I have NO IDEA how I was bringing it very off topic. I cracked a bad joke and suggested a biome.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Oh, sorry. You worded it pretty vaguely, plus I rarely “get” or appreciate jokes.
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  12. Whenever I build in a modern style, I generally use a lot of hardened clay with it. I feel that in a mesa biome it would nest very well.

Though it may not be the easiest biome to cultivate, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't look great!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  13. Thanks for the advice.