Beacon Issue

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Zomberina, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hi all!

Soooooo, anyone good with beacons??? I cannot get mine to work. They are activated, but won't let me insert materials to pick attributes? Anyone have experience with this?? Doesn't matter if a single or cluster of six, won't work. :/

Thanks in advance for telling me how I messed this one up ahahah
    JohnKid and ChespinLover77 like this.
  2. Have you tried exiting the beacon menu and going back into it/right clicking multiple times ? I've found that generally helps if beacons are being buggy in that way. It's happened to me a lot and for a while, but exiting and then right clicking / opening again, even if it takes multiple times, seems to help. It's a pain in the backside but I've found beacons are just a little picky sometimes and is what it takes, haha. :)
  3. Tell that beacon that no means YES! lol. Or you can try what JohnKid said, that works too. =P
    PetezzaDawg, We3_MPO and JohnKid like this.
  4. Try what JohnKid said. I've had to do that many times too and it works for me eventually.
    JohnKid likes this.
  5. John knows what he is doing. He got my beacons to work at my smp6 mall.
    JohnKid likes this.
  6. Thank you all for the insight! I think my friend Novakenny and I have had success with the above advice. :D
    We3_MPO and JohnKid like this.
  7. It's a client side bug. Had dev look into it a while back.
    JesusPower2 and JohnKid like this.
  8. ive had this issue too. I have found breaking the beacon and putting it back fixes it
    JohnKid likes this.
  9. Yeah, that didn't work for me in the past, but just constantly trying to reopen it did. :)
  10. Sometimes unloading and loading the chunks (so, for example, hopping to another server and then coming back) can also help out. Or if you're in town: hopping over to spawn and then back to your residence (assuming you don't have a spawn residence of course ;) ).

Nice to hear you got it working though!
    Merek_Shadower and JohnKid like this.
  11. In my experience it's just a glitch. I've had to click on the beacon like 20 times before it would allow me to give an emerald to activate.
  12. Make sure the beacon is lit. I say that cause I started to try to do one this morning and it didn't work and then I realized it wasn't open to the sky and wasn't lit. lol. But they are a bit touchy and it can take some messing with but I can always ultimately get what I want.