ban appeals "penance"

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by bitemenow15, Apr 18, 2013.

1. I kinda like this idea. It might need some changes, but people who swear or grief or something might think back want to change. You never know, something bad could be happening, and they're in a bad mood and they cuss. They should be able to get rid of their ban and keep playing. Here are some punishments I came up with:
    If a town bulletin board is made, a message might say: "Shame on you: (insert name)
    Collect some stacks of dirt by hand, then use it to fill in creeper holes and/or griefing holes.
    Go around the entire town server and make a list of players: Supporters, inactives, normal, mods, abandoned residencies, shops, farms, etc.
  2. here we go...
    The hackers must have hacked into EMC's database and swapped their IP with mine.
    It says no where in the rules that PVP is not allowed.
    He threw a snowball at me, I only used the lavabucket for self defence.
    I wasn't using X-ray, I am just very lucky.
    It says in the guide that stuff in the wild is not protected, so I am allowed to grief it.
    I wasn't flying it was lag. (after being caught flying over a jungle)
    DO NOT MESS WITH ME I AM THE MOTHA LICKING LIZARD KING!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I have Tourette's so I can't help if I swear.
    You can't ban me for spamming because of the 1st admendent.
    Your server sucks I wanted to be banned anyways. Hope you all rot in hell. (less than a month later is asking more politely to be unbanned).
    There are many more that I can not list due to language used.
  3. I like the DO NOT MESS WITH ME I AM THE MOTHER LICKING LIZARD KING!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAA.
    One the best. He also stole my avatar... :oops:
  4. I was let in. God bless edmundwayne.
  5. What did you grief?
  6. Too many issues with this, people were banned for a reason.
  7. So this is like community service?, it might work for minor bans but not for severe things.
    That is the stupidest excuse I have literally ever heard. Tourette's makes you swear involuntarily, it doesn't make you type swear words into chat the last time I checked. (facepalm). Tourette's must be a horrible thing to have but in NO way it affect your typing.
    Silken_thread likes this.
  8. An abandoned
    obsidian box. It was empty. I broke 8 glass.
  9. alot of the issues people are having with this is "people were banned for a reason" but people do appeal bans and a few get through, those are the people this would be for, obviously this is not intended for people that come on to troll
  10. In the words of the infamous Ivan Drago:

"If they're banned, they're banned."

Stuff 'em - they had their chance and mucked it up. There are several hundred thousand MC servers out there for them to go and fanny about on rather than ruining EMC for others.
  11. :/ read the post before yours
  12. Yes, and I stand by my post. They're either banned or aren't. That's the matter dealt with in my eyes. Anything after that is just phaffing about and creating extra work for the Moderators.
    EMC beats these prison servers and others by being mature in their ban policy by keeping it simple.
  13. hmmmmm i suppose your right, i just thought it would be a cool way to like make areas around spawn look better and deal with some tedious tasks mods dont wanna do