Bait Chests To Get Thieves

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Nov 18, 2014.

?

What ideas do you support for tracking thieves and/or griefers?

Bait Chests 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Selective Logging 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Location Tracking 3 vote(s) 27.3%
I Am Opposed To Any Tracking 7 vote(s) 63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I think you are overlooking how many people operate in the wasteland. I do not go out, get stuff, and come back immediately. I setup a mining base, far enough out that it will not be visited by most casual miners. I setup operations, smelt there, farm for food, enchanting table and anvil. It only takes a few hours to set it up, and a few hours to take it down. During the literally MONTHS in between I have the flexibility of a full featured mining base to operate out of.

It is for operations like this we should be able to lock chests in the wasteland. If not, then just stop with the "griefing and theft not allowed" announcements, and make the waste a lawless area.
    607 and neonkillah like this.
  2. So what? It's obviously NOT theirs, no mercy, no excuse.
    neonkillah likes this.
  3. I dont see why you would put a enchantment table and other valuables in a small mining base you set up.
    I you set up a mining outpost to mine not to farm food smelt or any of those kind of things.
    SO i dont think that EMC should make chests lock a ble in the waste, they say its a risk that you lose your stuff so dont go wining when it happens.
    Its like investing money in a company they say its a risk to lose your money so dont go wining when it happens.
    This is my opinion on it.
    And as krissyjane has said its a waste of computing power to do selective logging and it would take up to much time, in all this time you could set up a small outpost go mining for a few hours and break it down and move on again.
    So please accept that you cant lock chest and go on and build a new outpost and dont leave valuable stuff there.
    Hope this solves a problem:)
  4. To each their own, I'm not telling you how to play, and ask that you do the same of me.

If you're mining, and smelting, you gain levels, it's usually wasteful to go beyond 30.

You get iron ore, want to use it to make something (shears, buckets, tools, etc), you need to smelt it. You killed some pigs or cows, need to cook the food, same thing.

The nay-sayers in this thread are very narrow minded, thinking everyone plays the same way as them. I don't go into the waste for a couple hours. I'm sometimes there for days at a time.

And the waste was just reset, there was a week warning. "Let the player beware" I'm a big boy. I understand the risks and willing to assume responsibility for managing them.
    607 likes this.
  5. Do a look up for the correlation between risk and return and you will understand. Companies able to offer the highest return generally take the most risks. This is a perfect example.

It makes sense to take that risk, because the return (increased regular output from mining) outweighs the risk (losing a few tools and supplies that cost maybe a load or two worth of rupees at the most). In mining several loads of material, the time saved from not having to take extra trips to town is sufficient that you can mine and transport an extra load or two. Therefore, as long as you lose your supplies and tools less than once per several loads, you have earned more than you otherwise would have. So even though the wasteland is reset every few months and theft can occur, it still makes sense because most of the time, you will earn more.

The reason why I'm upset is not because I've lost my stuff. In fact, I'm richer than I would have been without storing my stuff in the wasteland. I have transported a few extra loads back to town, so I can just sell them and buy new stuff, plus have rupees or part of that load left over. So I really haven't lost anything.

So I suppose if nobody wants to do anything about these thieves I will just deal with it.
    607 likes this.
  6. I didnt mean it in that way.

If you either lose youre tools in lava or through theft, the last one is worse i understand, but EMC isnt saying they dont want to help you, they cant because of several reasons. So EMC has decided to give you a warning that it can happen to you, they did what they could.

At the end of the day its all still a game wheer it would be a challenge to aqquire good stuff and be aware of the risk that it can be stolen if you leave it in the wastelands.
    I hope you understand and that it wont ruin the fun you have on EMC but it is one of the risks that you take when you leave it in the wastelands.