Bad Situation

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by SteamedEcko, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think you said that... :p
  2. wordpad and notepad not same thing
  3. Oh, that's it. They both end in pad. Good enough.
  4. EMC doesn't keep full block logs for town... I believe that is because of the following:
    1. You are warned not to give flags to people you don't trust (Doesn't apply to this situation though)
    2. It would take up too much space on storage
    3. People who want to grief probably won't grief in town
  5. Systems like EMC has set up are near impossible to break into. There is absolutely nothing that can be done in game to access the inner workings of the flag system. To be able to access the flag systems, they would likely have to somehow intercept the information packet midway, and that is almost certainly not the case. If that were the case, we have bigger problems than your promos to worry about.

It is possible that your account could have been accessed by someone else via your internet, but again, very unlikely. They would be risking a lot just to get some promos.

Beacons are not logged in town because logging blocks can cause immense lag. Rare blocks are hardly ever used in the wild, which is why they can be logged with much less of an impact on performance. If rare blocks were logged in town, I can't imagine the performance issues we would have.

First you claim the above...
    ... and then you say this. Two contradictory statements. So which one is true? Is there evidence of an account giving the suspected player flag or not? If there was no evidence, you would not have been blamed. The staff would have passed on the information and they would wonder how someone was given flags without it logged (assuming they are logged). It looks to me like you are leaving out some details here.
  6. By giving another player admin on your residence you are telling the server that you trust that person. Everything and anything that person does is okay by you. That is why there are no logs because the system sees no issues to track. YOU made them admin!

Every time you add a flag you get a warning. For the admin flag you have to confirm the action. This is the warning you got (notice the last line):

========= WARNING =========
    You are giving <player> admin access to your Residence! This is an extremely bad idea unless this happens to be your account/alt. This permission will give the player unlimited access to your residence, just as if it was you, including the ability to give others flags.
    === STAFF CAN NOT HELP YOU IF YOU ARE GRIEFED ===

There is no security issue with the residence permission system. It is designed to give you control of how much or little security you have on your residence.

Also, as your post basically accuses another player of theft-which is against the rules-I am closing this thread and will (maybe already have depending on when you read this) be editing out the name of that player. You have expressed your concerns on that matter to staff already and it has been (or is continuing to be) investigated.

You have gone to several Staff and they have all told you the same. That is because it is the truth of the matter. If we could do more, we would.

As it was brought up. This has nothing to do with the Square issue we had. That was an isolated incident that was dealt with rapidly with absolutely no impact on any player account whatsoever.

~MrSocks75
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.