Bad language

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lone_Assassin17, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Lol what did dreacon say to get himself kicked?
  2. A little bad language comes out here and there, and then people throw a fit about it.
    Unless its unbearable, take a chill pill, and If its just that serious, just ignore them.
    IamSaj and Cchiarell6914 like this.
  3. I kicked Dreacon because he used a word I considered swearing. I would have done the same to ICC or JustinGuy. Staff are not above the rules and should have a better understanding of them. Dreacon explained, outside of the game, that it should have been to moderator chat but accidentally said it in town. I have even kicked myself because I accidentally used caps.
    JazzyFina, _Stads_, IamSaj and 3 others like this.
  4. And this is why our moderating team is THE best I've ever encountered.
    _Stads_, Cchiarell6914 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. i do not like bad languge!
  6. I was told by a mod (can't remember who) that "Damn" and "Hell" are acceptable to use, probably because they are religious terms, but I don't know for sure. I have never seen any mod punish someone for using the above two words, and I've used them a couple times in front of several mods and not been punished. I don't know if that's what you're talking about, but so far no one has pointed out that these words are forbidden. If they are, let me know now, because I use them to vent my frustration all the time. >_>
  7. Obviously, if someone is cussing right and left, its not okay, or if their spamming the chat with inappropriate language, then there's something to report, but if I just said one word, there's nothing wrong about it. The commandment/ rule is EXCESSIVE language. :D
  8. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. People are way too obsessed about "bad" words. I'm an advocate against all forms of censorship, and I think it is extremely silly to censor speech for any reason. Watching American television is a pain, what with all the *bleep*'ing going on there. People who can't stand listening to "bad" words should just stay away from places where they are used or can be used. I find it obnoxious that just because a few hypersensitive individuals can't take listening to (or reading) mere words, all us others have to hold back and cater to their idea of what is proper. It's downright backwards.

I won't use bad words on this site and in-game, because it's against the rules, and I follow rules (as best I can anyway) but that doesn't mean I'll think it's a good rule. Not here, not anywhere.
  9. Going on about say crap, damn, hell etc. I myself don't consider them to be swearing, but it's all ethics. It's how you were raised and were taught by parents/religion/etc. Some people consider them to be swearing, some people consider them to be every day words. And Alex, I do agree with you. They are just words, mostly used to express meaning more than what they actually mean anyways.
  10. i do not lik sweers :mad:
  11. lol okay, okay I think you've made your point! But I completely agree, you have a good attitude towards these things although it seems you may be a bit sensitive to swearing...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. i have no idea, i was in /wild