[AUCTION] Anvils - ACME Style!

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by ChumMiner, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auction Item: One Double Chest of Anvils!
    Auction Starting Price: Free!
    Minimum Bin Increment: 100 rupees
    Auction Ending Time: 48 hours after last valid bid
    Pickup Location: /v 17187 auction

"Why anvils?"
    Because nobody has ever done it before in an auction!

Musically Speaking, it's like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdX3T_Kjcos

"What will I do with a DC of anvils?"
    Try this:

Or This:

2. 60,000 rupees.
  3. Let's bump this up. But for a challenge if you bid: show a picture of what you might do with a DC of anvils!
  4. bump again

FYI:
    3456 Anvils = 3 DCs plus 24 Stacks of Iron Blocks

or 3456 Anvils = 11,904 Blocks of Iron

or 3456 Anvils = 107136 Iron Ingots
  5. After a long arduous day of work and other hurdles, I do consider the winning of this Auction a ray of hope that things will get better, even if this does bring me one step closer to yet another project to work on :)

For quite some time I have been planning to make a Welcome Center for Tempered Outpost near the SMP2 Spawn on residences 3033, 3021, and 3009. The center-piece of the project has always been to build the one object most commonly associated with our Outpost, which is an Anvil.

The Anvil best represents what Tempered is all about, and will be our most utilized symbol in conjunction with Swords and a Cross T. which can be seen as a Cross, a simple Sword, or simply the T which Tempered starts with.

I hope to expound on the deeper meaning associated with the Anvil when the project is complete, and may even post such on site so others can get a sense of what camaraderie we hope to foster within the Tempered Outpost.

According to my calculation I will only need 1,964 more Anvils to completed the actual build after this DC :eek:

If you happen to come up with another DC, I would be willing to spend another 100k for such.

An Anvil of Anvils...

This is still a rough draft of the actual res, and functionality, but the shape of the anvil is pretty spot on.

I posted the pics since you were curious what one would do with them. I look forward to this build coming to SMP2 in the near future.;)

Thanks for the Auction, I will send payment for the Anvils upon confirmation that I am indeed the winner.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    Jelle68, TomvanWijnen and ChumMiner like this.
  6. Yes, sir! You have won this auction. But more importantly, you have won much more. This made my day! You are so deserving of winning. The anvil of anvils is an awesome concept! Also it works really well with your shader pack.

I will get on right now to set up the access sign. Congratulations and thank you for making my day! This exceeded my expectations for design or use!
  7. That is cool, and so are those 100k rupees I just sent your way :)

Headed to work, will pick up later today, maybe early tomorrow morning.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    ChumMiner likes this.
  8. Just a reminder that I've still got your anvils ready to pick up!
  9. Okay, so the Anvils have been picked up.

I am sorry for the delay, but there were some unforeseen variables that occurred.

1. I am not as young as I once was...heh, I only work three 12 hr days on Fri, Sat, & Sun. For Fri I only slept about 2hrs before that shift, and Sat I only had about 3hrs of sleep prior. So when it came time to come home after Sat shift, I was extremely tired. I slept about 8 hrs before my shift on Sun, but still was feeling it when I got home Sun afternoon, and crashed once again after eating dinner. I believe I have about 4-5hrs of sleep under my belt since then, and came to check on this. :)

2. Now that I am not as tired, I figured out part of what happened. You set the access sign up for my primary Alt of the same name, but which uses the letter O in his name, instead of the # 0 like this guy. When I did try to pick them up last night with this guy it said he didn't have container permissions...and that is why I commented above, thinking it was not ready yet.

3. While being on for a few hrs last night, I believe before actually heading in to work, I began to ponder the possibilities of what the design could be for the Welcome Center there near spawn which would utilize these anvils. Upon looking at the live map, I noticed there were 2 "Open" residences ( 3065, & 3104 ) next to the 3 I mentioned above in a prior comment. So intrigued, the wheels began to turn, and I decided to go for it. After creating yet another alt of many, I have now acquired those 2 and the 2 next to those ( 3105, & 3152 ) which were derelict and connect to B4DMAN5IMON's awesome looking village. Today, I have brainstormed with my kids some, and we look forward to really pulling out all the stops in this area to bring a fun-filled "welcoming" environment to the would be travelers of the SMP2 Spawn region. It is our hope that this Welcome Center will not only surpass it's originally intended purpose, but will also fit harmoniously with the surrounding builds ( EMC Park ) to bolster the spawn area to new heights ;)

Thanks again for this auction, I look forward to building the Anvil of anvils with these.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    TomvanWijnen and ChumMiner like this.
  10. Oh, sorry about the mix up on the name. I didn't even realize!

I really look forward to seeing what you are planning. I hope that you send me a PM when it is ready to see the build! Oh, and I know and understand the lack of sleep! Ha ha ha. Especially when my kids were little. OK, I'm going to close the thread now. I'm honored that this auction went to a winner who has good plans for them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.