Armor Stands Limit

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cyberazaz101, Feb 19, 2020.

?

Have you ran into this issue?

Yes 3 vote(s) 50.0%
No 3 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. I'm not sure if the same issue applies to town seeing as I'm in the wild 85% of the time however...

I wanted to decorate one of my main hallways with the various armor sets I have acquired from End Cities, bosses, and other sources, but was given the message that the "Entity Count" was too high for armor stands which was capped at 30/30. I understand that this is most likely for lag purposes however, this is in an area that's completely lit and devoid of animal farms. They would be the only entity for several hundred blocks save for item frames. I was wondering if anyone else finds this limit annoying and perhaps ask for it to be raised to allow a more grand display of our armor sets.

Not really a big issue, just wondering what the reason for it being 30.
    luckycordel and Nickblockmaster like this.
  2. 1 million percent due to lag. Let's see how 1.15 handles them and we'll go from there with any possible adjustments. Deal?
  3. :+1: :+1: I like this response, as I agree with Cyber's post
  4. I can agree with this to some extent. I haven’t gone out of my way to keep my other entity farms minimal in the frontier, so there’s that. I’ve run into the limit before. But yes, it would be nice to have a slightly increased limit.

However, if lag is the reason behind this, I understand the potential hazard this could become.

Right now it’s going to be a challenge for my town properties project, which contains an amount of them already, and I want more. I hope that the restraints can be loosened as we continue forward, without putting performance at risk. 😕
  5. Really hoping that 1.15 brings improvements to heads as well. The person who owns the plot next to me has an absurd amount of heads, and my residence is super laggy even just to walk around on.
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  6. What do you need with all the armor stands anyway? I prefer item frames so people can see the name on the item.
    luckycordel and Nickblockmaster like this.
  7. They look so much better and feels more grandiose. Item Frames seems more "cheap" to me
  8. Oh sure, I love the look of a good stand with armor on it inside glass. But I enjoy being able to hover over an item and see the name of it.
    607, luckycordel and Nickblockmaster like this.
  9. 90% of these armor sets dont have names anywho. They are normal enchanted armor. Plus they only occupy 2 blocks rather than the 4 it would take to display a full set in item frames
    607, luckycordel and Nickblockmaster like this.
  10. It boils down to preference, presentation, and most importantly the build site. They're both good options, though, you can think of creative ways in which you might consider using both entirely differently for displays. I prefer item frames for sorters or general storage, and armor stands for design and decoration (i.e. fires). Seeing how medieval is my primary building style, armor stands are usually incorporated into my builds in some sort of way a lot more so than item frames.
  11. It's all cool.. I've just had a bad experience with a stand of the armor type of stand thingy. My first outpost.. One rectangular two level square type flat roof noob stone house. Armor wood stand thing in the corner, that way i could show it off.. Well I placed my Noobian armor upon the standy thingy and it dissapeared. it vanished and never came back stand and all.. Item Frames Rock !!!!!
    607, Cyberazaz101 and Nickblockmaster like this.