Are hotels/rental properties really profitable?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AbstractToast9, Aug 14, 2014.

?

Do you rent?

Yes 1 vote(s) 8.3%
I used to 1 vote(s) 8.3%
No 9 vote(s) 75.0%
No, but I plan on renting a space 1 vote(s) 8.3%
I have property others can rent (I.e. Landlord) 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I'm trying to secure a way to get guaranteed rupees other than a shop. I've seen others with hotels, storage, and houses for rent, but is it really profitable?
    If you rent or did, please tell me why and what you'd like to see if you considered renting.
  2. Storage is against the rules, I believe.
    Making money from hotel rooms is unlikely. Krysyy and Moose pulled it off that one time, though, talk to them.
    Only way you'll make money doing houses for rent is if the houses are of unbelievable quality, and organised into a small residence-sized city.
  3. Not really, for three reasons.

1) Trust factor. Players are giving the hotel manager 100% control over items. Theft cannot be easily tracked.

2) Hotels need to be cheap to attract visitors. People don't have thousands of rupees per month to spend on a hotel.

3) The only people who actually need/want hotels are usually new players who are not yet settled into their server. Perhaps you will get a few rich people, but the most the majority of your playerbase is going to be has under 100r.
  4. Storages are not against the rules, but it is pretty risky. While they are legal, if the owner looses their res or gets banned, there is no way to get your items back. I also do not see hotels and other properties profitable. It is hard to operate in general.
  5. My public permanently storage (smp8 folk only) is free and I will never look in the chests.
    People that want to live in my hotel will probably need to pay me 500r for a lifetime stay.
  6. Thanks for your thoughts guys