Are Boats out to kill us?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DemonThunder345, Jul 16, 2013.

1. hmmmm how do you know there werent squids? they can spawn below you and just go straight up so might of been that. then what could of happened is you sank into one of those submerged caves that had a long drop.

i would have to see the area to try and piece it together particularly if it was recently and momentus grabbed you
  2. ...
    Regardless if it was squids or not, I could not "drown" by hitting the ground too hard in the ocean.
  3. well you can, its just highly unlikely lol would have to float down into an underwater cave that pushed you into a ravine.

or it might just have been some kind of lag glitch like when some people get ____ was shot by an enderman or something liek that
  4. Ah yes I hope a moderator finds my stuff :( But how would there be a Momentus n the middle of the ocean?
  5. They can wander wherever... highly unlikely it would find you.
  6. unlikely but im just throwing out ideas lol cant really guess what happened unless im in the same spot
  7. Found your stuff and placed it in a chest on your 3660 res.
    You died by drowning. and your stuff was close together (you died on seabed not on surface). You we close to land so a skeleton could have swam out and sniped your boat.
  8. yay i was right! (sort of)
  9. Yay... Skeleton Snipers...
  10. This Is So Bizzare...
  11. I can think of a few things that cause the falling death in a boat, has anyone ever seen a boat bomb? When a boat collides with another entity it pushes the entity, what if a players height level is increased by the lightning and boat interacting?
    Edit: now that i think about it, standing on a boat while its falling deals heavy fall damage, so it could be that client side you glitch to the top of the map and die to fall damage on the boat.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  12. Wait... There was a wave and I went super high then dropped and died...?
  13. Reading further it's apears to be a minecraft bug where you are sort of classed as falling while in a boat and amass height fallen. Each time you bob in a boat it adds the downward motion to height fell and fails to subtract the upwards motion. When you exit a boat correctly the game resets the height fallen, however if you somehow exit it by some other means you will take fall damage.
  14. The answer is quite simple.

Boats are out to kill us.
  15. Mhm
  16. Good ol' Google Chrome.. Inspect element :)
  17. EMC.PNG

Um, are you sure?
    jacob5089 likes this.
  18. New update iron/diamond boats :D Ok Aikar