Anyone feel like being nice and sharing a slime farm?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Well you said, and I am paraphrasing, "I did not steal because I thought it might be against the rules."

What you should have said was. I didn't steal because stealing is bad. I would not want someone to steal from me. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

You seem to have the moral compass of a rock. So I made an assumption that you have some sociopath tendencies, or social awkwardness. Most people who suffer from these things have difficulties with understanding conversational tones.
  2. I am so confused. Are you saying since my moral compass has tilt to it, I can't understand sarcasm? Also, I just read the Empire Guide. Perhaps it will shift my compass closer to north.
  3. lol. I have little hope that your morals will ever be good. My point it that you need rules to keep you from doing bad things. Not stealing because you are afraid of getting caught breaking rules - this does not make you a better person. Not wanting to steal because it hurts other people - that is having good morals.
  4. True. Also, quote. From the BIBLE. " Every soul can be redeemed." So. I have a chance. A fat one at that. Did you know, I gave my hamburger to a homeless guy? Well, I did. That has to cover for this fiasco.
  5. How dis this turn from a slime spawning discussion into one about people's morals?
  6. Somewhere after the post where sneaker said he used someone else's slime farm without their permission.
    Putting the half stack of slimes you harvested back would probably be a better penance if you're worried about atonement.
  7. He cleary said he already googled it, read the forums and so he is asking for more tips if any of us can provide.
    And since you quoted me: don't worry, I know enough about slimes and i know how to use google, thanks.
  8. Well. Let's stop talking about my SLIGHTLY tilted moral compass, and back to what this thread is about. I now just feel bad for hijacking Alexs conversation.
  9. i think someone must be using 1 of your xp farms alex have you done any large amounts of spawnings they might be mucking ti up
  10. If that were true, then it wouldn't be happening everywhere, all the time. Once the user has killed, mobs will spawn again, if only for a brief period.
    My guess is that with all Jeb's stupid enchanting 'fixes' coming up, everyone's getting as much grinding in as possible.
  11. ikr the spawns might be out
  12. its very interesting though i have a natural mob spawner i get lvl 50 in like half hour
  13. No you dont ^^
  14. Does anyone have any vidoes on how to find a slime chunk and make a slime farm?
  15. Without an illegal slime chunk finder, you just have to find a slime and clear out the area or just mine a gigantic cavern and hope you get lucky, from what I understand.
    If natural grinders were that good, then no one would want a spawner one.
  16. Its pretty simple - if you need more clearing let me know:

You find a slimechunk by being lucky - finding a slime is not the same as being on a slimechunk.
    What i normally do if i find a slime, to check if its a good/Bad chunk - is to dig a 30x30x3 area under Y:40

If Slimes rapidly spawns in the area - narrow it down block by block (Rei's minimap will give you a good idea about the chunk "size" - so you in the end, end up with a 16x16 area.

This 16x16 area you wanna dig out 3 high area in.

This means you'll end up with 16x16x3 - as far down as possible, to bedrock (stay in the same chunk ofc - just go downwards)

The GOOD thing about slimes is that WHEN they spawn they will, if not chasing a player, move in the same direction as they were facing when spawned....

Basicly this gives you a chance to make a 3 wide border around each of the 16x16x3 layers - where they can drop down.

At the last layer, a little above bedrock, you add a water stream going around the dropzone - leading all fallen slimes into a 3x3,6x6,9x9 or so, area where you kill them.

You can fill the collection area with water - having the slimes drown themselves or you can collect them and beat them with a stick :)
  17. Hmm interesting. Thanks.
    I will have to do some research.
  18. i really do its set up on minecart track