Anyone feel like being nice and sharing a slime farm?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Jun 3, 2012.

1. You can't make them spawn in certain chunk with making a room there. You simply need to locate in which chunk they are spawning in, then you can make large room in that chunk (at least 3 block high).
  2. Yes from the question that is what it seems, but I was certain that he was wanting to know how to "find" a place that would work. He thought you could make it happen without first finding the slime, which you can but I believe it is an unwise choice - since they are so easy to locate first.
  3. Well, doesn't matter, he got info on both now, but i can't agree they are easy to locate. I spend a lot of time in caves and I don't find them often or "easy". Even before those spwaning problems occur.
  4. Parts of what you just said are going to get you bombarded with inquiries from people too lazy to go out and find them for themselves.

It's obvious that due to the mob spawning problem, the flow of slime balls into shops has been cut off and some people are getting desperate. Don't worry, this will be fixed and they'll start spawning again and people will sell them to shops again without you having to lift a finger.

For those who want a farm, what could be simpler? You don't even have to build a grinder. You just have to uderstand what helps them spawn and they do the rest. Go out into the Wild, pick in hand, and mine until you find a slime. Hollow out the area around it and wait for more. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  5. Very well then: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minecraft slime farm and ignore any results that rely on using the world seed.
  6. =p I am perfectly happy to use the /ignore feature.
  7. Here is mine (smp5) x - 190234 z - -345
  8. For me, I just dig a big cavern 3 blocks high, while lighting up nearby caves.

2012-06-03_22.04.06.png

I use this method because I'm trying to find diamond and slimes simultaneously. This worked for me previously, but with the current mob spawning issues, it is harder to spawn slimes.

There're other methods of finding slime chunks, but this is the "simpliest" way I can think of.
  9. Because I sell sticky pistons, I get harassed with "Do you have a slime farm?", "Can I use your slime farm?", "Do you want to start a store with me?", "Just once, and I won't tell anyone else.", ... all the time. I've even been followed server to server with it. It's not like they're asking to use a pencil, and their motives for asking me have nothing to do with friendliness and everything to do with greed.

I really see no difference between asking to "borrow" farms or grinders and the poor schmuck in town chat who asks for some iron for a pick so he can go out and mine then gets beat down in chat and called a beggar. Somehow one is acceptable but the other's not. The only difference is scale.
  10. Lol. I was out there yesterday. They aren't spawning there either.
  11. Lazy peeps gonna laze =p
    Pab10S likes this.
  12. I found someone else's. He also had a chest. I didn't take anything, b/c I was afraid that it was against the rules. Is it? I also got about a half stack of slime...... Over 3 hours.
  13. Is it against the rules to steal? hmmm ... yup.
  14. It shouldn't be. I could have gotten an extra two slime balls.
  15. I agree. We should build our community around the people who like to steal and grief!! Someone quick! Vote thread it now!!!
    PThagaard likes this.
  16. Hm. I'll act like I dont notice your sarcasm.
  17. I'm kind of impressed. I was not sure you would. :)
  18. Excerpt from the Empire Guide:

2. Thou Shalt Not Steal
    Do not steal from other players, even if you find an unlocked player chest in the wilderness or if you have container permissions on another players lot. If you are caught doing so you will permanently banned.
    http://empireminecraft.com/guide/dialog/video_rule_2
  19. Humph. It was rather obvious. Do you think I am stupid or something?
  20. Okay. Little late their, buddy.