any 1 else see this new game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michael_Nolan, Jan 31, 2013.

1. xD, who would make that?
  2. only way i would ever play a game like this, is if the graphics where VERYYY good.
  3. xD
    Why is that?
  4. dont bump this thread, its old xD \jk\

this game looks like it could be cool, but chances are, these people are rushing, and its gonna look worse than minecraft. i would be fine waiting 20 years for this..
  5. I dont expect it being made soon, but i just hope it will come a bit sooner then 20 years lol.
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  6. Subbed.
  7. sub all the way :D, maybe 1 day ill be able to go raw.
  8. If you have watched the 2nd video, the founder has been planning this for 20 years+ and now apparently they have the plan goIng in to action.
  9. This game sounds like it would be pretty outstanding. :3
  10. Lol my thinks I'm addicted to playing on the computer now, I won't leave my base when this comes put if its well made xD
  11. Cant wait until it out XD. I want to play it now. Got me hooked on this lol
  12. That's the idea :D
  13. Like a few others in this thread, I'm extremely skeptical of this project, and I doubt it will ever be as awesome as they make it out to be, but I'd love to be proven wrong, obviously.

My biggest issue with "real life" games like this, is that people have no incentive to behave in games like they do in reality, because there's no real repercussions to actions. You don't get hurt, you can't die, and if you go to jail or something, well, just make a new character, and voilĂ , you're once again a free man. And if you can't do that, well, if the game simulates reality, and you get sentenced to 10 years in prison, who's going to bother to keep logging in for 10 years to check in on their inmate character?
  14. this is kind of like eve o , just starts planet based
  15. also this game will never truely progress because unlike in the real world there is no real reason to allow for technological advancement, hey that guy over there has reasources and is building something, i should steal it.

it turns into a vicious cycle of held back advancement due to lack of morals in games
  16. That's part of what makes it interesting. If the game is full of violence and crime, it will push some players to develop better defense, technology, and politics. The longer the violence lasts, the more likely someone is to put a stop to it. Of course, that really depends on how well the programmers can balance the gameplay. Besides, the world will be so large that there won't really be enough people to steal from early on (again, it depends on how the programmers set that up).
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  17. i guess if you all spawn in random areas, then sometimes you will be so far and isolated it wont matter, in that case it will lead to oligarcies tho, im just saying in general people online are morally, hmm how do i put this....ambiguous? mostly closer to neutral evil then true neutral if you are gonna guess an alignment system. particularly when you are in danger of death from the getgo and resources are your survival (im guessing that gradually the game will simply advance epochs tho) cause a caveman starting off in the industrial age will just take things and move on. there simply isnt any reason to have tech derision if you start off the way im supposing you will. but i am arguing development in a post alpha game so it could be all speculative.
  18. You should read Hobbes's Leviathan, at least the famed 13th chapter. "Open world" MP games tend to be very similar to what he describes:

at least initially, there is what is known as a "state of nature", a constant state of war of all against all (take minecraft hardcore PvP servers when you start out! You'll get the picture), with the stronger/wittier preying on the weak by taking advantage of their differences in the short term.
    However, all individuals and coalitions, no matter how witty or strong they are, all have two major preoccupations : they don't want to "die" (that would be losing it all to others, and even getting "farmed", like in browser games), AND they want to exist without fear. Out of this fear, the most relevant parties in a given area at a given time will have to agree to work together, not out of morales, but out of utility. From this utility will stem a form of contract that will set the stage for some kind of "State"to emerge.

How does that translate in a game, where you cannot die ? Eventually, I believe that it's always more satisfactory to know at least up to where you can go in the game than just satifying your immediate urge to steal/kill/etc. You can also have other incentives to not act like a bully all the time.

The best example in MC that I can think of is Civcraft, where a feature known as "pearling" allows you to "kill" a player by imprisonning him in the End for as long as you desire. Civcraftians fear pearling more than in-game death.
    supereskimo likes this.