Announcing The Center for Elytra Studies (Elytra Towers)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Trapper777, Feb 26, 2016.

1. 1.9 is out! Plans to be released soon.
  2. Got my elytra ready!
  3. I havent gotten an elytra yet XD
  4. I cant get one I don't have good gear and im too chicken to go out there without soulbound stuff XD
    Lil_Spartan_Cat likes this.
  5. Update:

Looks like (as expected) elytra will be pricey for now. Hopefuly the price drops significantly, I am a fan of Aikar's idea for having elytra be a rare drop.

As far as a plan for the elytra towers' placement goes, instead of having the same plan for every server I'm thinking that I work with outposts, community farm managers, etc to create a personal plan for each server.
  6. The price will drop. It's not really that bad, much less than your expected 200k ;-) Also they are still pretty easy to find and those people that don't have them can get to them in just a few hours if they are willing to dedicate the time. The wastelands is still littered with them and the frontier as well. I have been taking new and young players out to hunt them. all in all I have found almost 20. so many end cities... so many shulkers.
  7. I'm not worried, I just need a ton of volunteers and they'll need elytras! That's the only reason I'm really waiting.

Anyways I have a problem with the elytra tower and therefore I need to delay this anyways.
  8. OP Edited.