[AMA] EMC Staff 1st Anniversary

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by JDHallows, Aug 1, 2017.

1. I considered it, but just was never something I got into. If anything though, would love to learn how to play the piano.

Thank you? I hope for many more years, too?

Well I hope so, everyone should already have a head. I just want to give away mine ;)
    jossytheninja likes this.
  2. Congrats on a full year of staff and not being driven mad! My question is, why haven't you tried taking over emc?
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. Congrats on 1 year!

Is it tough sharing duties with an amphibian? :cool:
    Eviltoade and JDHallows like this.
  4. anything against amphibians? :p

and i don't want to be entered in the giveaway jd, i already have your head :)
    just had to congratulate you :p
    ThaKloned, Eviltoade and JDHallows like this.
  5. How do you know I haven't? :cool:

Nope, he is a great worker. You should have seen how much I pushed him for the Moon Base event, had him building on stage non-stop for a week straight. :p Plus, Toade is like, one of my fav staff members, and is one of the reasons I originally wanted to join the staff team.
    Eviltoade and ThaKloned like this.
  6. Haha, I meant one of yours :p
    JDHallows likes this.
  7. What's your favorite moment from every Smp?
    JDHallows likes this.
  8. xD Just the one's outside my window that keep me up all night :D
    Allicanto, JDHallows and Eviltoade like this.
  9. Congratz JD the Pooh! :D

1. Dark or Milk chocolate?
    2.DC or Marvel?
    3.Can I have some cake?
    4.What smp is the best? (you know that 7 is)
    5.Are you a bear?
    6.Is this to many questions?
    7. Is this a question?
    JDHallows likes this.
  10. Have any pets?
    JDHallows likes this.
  11. Huge congratulations to you. :)

If you had to be Smurf-blue or Shrek-green, which would you be?

What is your favorite kind of shark?

Tell us the truth: pineapples on pizza?
    jossytheninja, JDHallows and padde73 like this.
  12. Congrats on a year as staff and here's to many more !!!

With you doing Computer programming. Would you ever apply to be a dev here on this server?
    JDHallows and b0bbythebuild3r like this.
  13. Nub :p Are you getting SWBF 2?
    JDHallows likes this.
  14. In order by SMP:
    1. Aikar's T-Virus event a few months back. I had burned through 3 sets of full-enchanted diamond armor during the event, and towards the end of it I mentioned this to Aikar, in a joking manner. To which he responded, "Well why didn't you tell me that sooner, item damage was supposed to be off for the event."
    2. Seeing Krysyy's Tardis and Dalek for the second time. First time I had seen these builds, when I had originally joined EMC and was exploring the SMPs, I did not know what they were, since I had never seen Doctor Who before. A few months later, I found the tv series and watched them all. The next time I was on SMP2 and saw those builds, I instantly recognized what they were and was super happy to see them.
    3. This actually happened last week, when I hosted the Funday event
    4. I have been to a few Firefloors, which are always fun :D
    5. Hosting the Star Wars themed Story Mode Mob Arena. That was a ton of fun, especially with the amazing Star Wars build changes iamcavie made to the Boss Arena (which might still be there, lol)
    6. Kill that JD event I did a while back for one of Krysyy's WWW. She had planned a Kill That Krysyy event, but something came up last minute, and so she needed a replacement. I volunteered as tribute and she even loaned me her Timelord armor. (Which, one of the Senior Staff members renamed as "Stolen Timelord Armor" during the event, lol)
    7. This is my home server, so it is always happening here. However, I have to say my favorite moment here was when I finished my first major minecraft build, which was also my first mall. It looked very ugly and was setup very strangely, but was a blast to build and stock for a little while. (I was also promoted to staff on 7, so that moment comes in at a close second)
    8. BK sacrificing me in his temple after I became staff, cause who doesn't like being thrown into a pool of lava at the top of a pyramid on SMP8.
    9. I hosted a Miner Mania here once, where we upgraded a village I found in the waste. It was rather small, but we lit the place up with tons of torches, built a fence around the area, and completely expanded the village with tons of new buildings and homes. Then, I spawned in a bunch more villagers, was a ton of fun.
    10. Utopia, would probably be the Moon Base event we just did. That was a ton of fun, and toade and I had a great time building it and hosting it for everyone.

1. I actually have a chocolate that I like to buy that is in-between dark and milk which is my favorite. However, if I had to choose, it would be Milk.
    2. Marvel, all the way
    3. I have some cake on smp7 actually, if you see me on 7, feel free to ask :)
    4. SMP7 is the best, it isn't as crazy as 8, but still is pretty talkative and fun to be on (just the way I like it)
    5. I am not a bear. According to my answer to Rhy's question, I am a being composed of gas.
    6. Not at all, deathconn asked 1 question and I had to write way more for him
    7. Yes, since I had to answer it, it is a question

2 cats

Smurf-blue, I don't like green personally
    Baradar would be my first choice, but if he isn't a valid option, then I would say Great White shark because of Bruce in Finding Nemo. "Fish are friends, not food."
    I actually don't like pineapples on pizza, don't care for the flavor.

I would definitely consider taking on that type of responsibility if it was offered (dev team is pretty much invite only, not an application process). I am also lacking some knowledge and experience I would need for the position, so it would take some time studying and practicing before I was capable to work on the code.

I am a Nub! Not to mention, this is the first FPS game I have actually played (they never interested me before, but then I couldn't pass up the opportunity to actually be Darth Vader). As for SWBF 2, I have not decided yet. It depends on how much free time, extra funds, and the reviews the game gets once it is released. When I buy games, I don't make decisions before or on release date, but wait until after they are released and see the reviews to make my decision.
  15. There's an open beta from October 4-6 I believe
    JDHallows likes this.
  16. how much is your head worth?
    JDHallows likes this.
  17. Congrats on one year! What made you want to become a staff member and how has it been?
    JDHallows likes this.
  18. What about me attracts you to me?
    JDHallows likes this.
  19. I think it might be going for around 30k right now? Don't quote me on that, because I honestly am not sure. I know there are many of them in circulation, so they don't have that much value.

For wanting to become a staff member:

And for how it has been so far, I have enjoyed every moment of it. It has been a ton of fun hanging out with the players and working with the other staff members. I have learned a lot about being a staff member during this past year, and now that it is finished, I have a lot of big plans for what I want to do during the rest of my time as a staff member on EMC, however long that may be. :)

Well, for one your profile picture (as of time of this writing) is a polar bear in a suit, and that is awesome. Plus, you play on EMC, and I love EMC, so your are included in that, too. Lastly, you just seem really cool, and while I have admittedly not spent much time talking with you, I have seen you around on the forums and in-game enough to know you are a fun player to be around. ;)

-------------------
    I have also went through and followed everyone who has posted on this thread, that I am not already following. Cause you guys are all cool enough to get a follow :D I will continue to follow people as they post on here, as well, if I am not already following them.
    AsternFlyer624 likes this.
  20. I have a few questions:

How did you find EMC?
    Did you ever think you would be staff?
    What kind of music do you like?
    Is it hard organizing events for EMC?
    Where's The Beef?
    What does Corey Taylor think?
    Woah meme?
    Bring Me To Life?
    Hey know, are you an all star?
    JDHallows likes this.