[AMA] EMC Staff 1st Anniversary

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by JDHallows, Aug 1, 2017.

1. It seems that I have successfully completed my first year as a staff member. :eek: To celebrate, I decided to do an AMA thread, since it seems like something that people do. :p

As a little prize, anyone who posts on the thread with a question or just some random comment will be entered into a drawing to win my head.
    *Other than Runder, if he wins the drawing then I will throw the head into BK's sacrificing thing (Just kidding Runder, you can throw it into the lava)
    The drawing will close on August 14th, and I will hopefully announce the winner on the 15th.
    (Drawing has ended, but feel free to keep asking me questions!)

Good luck and Ask Me Anything! (And can be literally anything. If I can't answer it for any reason I will say so, or I will just send you a forum pm. So don't be afraid to ask ;))
  2. Wuts ur favorite type of animal?
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. I have always loved owls.
    NickkG likes this.
  4. Aside from Minecraft what games do you like?
    JDHallows likes this.
  5. What is the hardest thing you find about being an emc staff?
    JDHallows likes this.
    • Toontown Online
    • Star Wars Battlefront (The new one, never played the old ones)
    • Most things Nintendo (have owned multiple Nintendo systems, SNES, Gameboy & Gameboy Color, Gamecube, Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii U)
    • Pokemon games (have owned a few of these as well)
  6. Why though?
    JDHallows likes this.
  7. What exactly is a JDHallow, and why did you decide to name yourself after their plural form?
    JDHallows likes this.
  8. What is your favorite part of being a staff member on EMC?
    JDHallows likes this.
  9. What made you want to be a staff member? :)
    JDHallows likes this.
  10. How is it being an Empire Events Organizer?
    JDHallows likes this.
  11. why wont you move to smp9? ;)
    JDHallows likes this.
  12. Hmm, difficult question here :p But, I would have to say the hardest thing is finding a balance between my staff duties, in-game projects, and real life.

Because

It is a type of supernatural being that normally is found in a gaseous form. However, when multiples of them gather together, it forms a singular physical being that then blends in with the human race.

Working with the players. I love the players on EMC, you guys are what make doing my job so much fun.

Before becoming staff, I always was trying to host different events and do things to engage with the community. So, it only made sense to me to apply to the staff team so I could be even more involved with the community.

It has been an amazing experience and tons of fun. Hosting events was one of my favorite things to do as a player and as a staff member, so playing a larger role in EMC's events has been a fun experience.
  13. Because SMP7 is my home, and I actually have a project in-progress that would be an absolute pain to move to another smp :p
    Tbird1128 likes this.
  14. What do/did you study at school and why?
  15. What level are you on on SWBF and what's your K/D? congratulations! :)
  16. I currently study computer programming (name of major is 'Computer Information Systems with a focus in Computer Programming').

Rank 29 and K/D is .79 (Just bought the game about a month ago, so still pretty new. However, I had been 'borrowing' my bros account to play SWBF since he bought it at release, so have had some prior experience with the game. I only bought it recently cause they had the Ultimate Edition on sale for $10, so decided to just buy it.)

--------------

Also, forgot to add to the OP (have added it now) - The drawing for my head will close on August 14th, so 2 weeks until I do the drawing.
  17. Have you ever played any instruments? (grats btw!) :)
    padde73 and JDHallows like this.
  18. i just want to congratulate you on this awesome accomplishment? (is this question enough :p)
    and i hope many more years will come because you are doing great? :D
    jossytheninja and JDHallows like this.
  19. I already have a head :p
    JDHallows likes this.