[AMA] EMC Staff 1st Anniversary

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by JDHallows, Aug 1, 2017.

1. You're pictured in a vest and tie. Is that just how you normally dress or were you on the way to prom?
    JDHallows likes this.
  2. Would you survive in a forest for a month given only the clothes on your back and a pocket knife?
    JDHallows and jossytheninja like this.
    1. Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls or them thaw and serve cookie things?
    2. Do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain?
    3. How many fingers am I holding up?
    4. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
    5. Are you my mummy?
    6. But seriously...if you could travel to any part of the world where would it be and why? :p
    JDHallows and Tbird1128 like this.
  3. What is the funniest thing you have seen on EMC?
    JDHallows likes this.
  4. Favorite EMC Player and why? Happy 1 year! :D
    JDHallows likes this.
  5. Congrats on your 1st year as staff :)
    Why are you called Bambi?
    JDHallows likes this.
    • I did some research on Minecraft servers, and quickly realized I wanted one with no pvp, an economy, and protected building. EMC was one of the top rated ones that had those aspects, so I tried it out. Instantly got hooked and have been playing ever since.
    • When I first joined EMC, I never really considered it. It wasn't until I had hosted a few events as a regular player and had talked with a few different staff members about what they do, that I decided I wanted to become a staff member. I guess for me, I had so many ideas about what I wanted to do when I became a staff member, that I never really considered the possibility of not becoming one. After I had applied, I continued to involve myself in the community, try out hosting different event ideas I had, and try out different ideas on the server. When I did get the promotion though, I was surprised and really excited about the numerous opportunities I would be able to finally act on.
    • I like a mixture of rap and hip hop, and some pop, reggae, and soul music.
    • It can be difficult coming up with creative ideas for events sometimes, and then finding the time to actually build and prepare for the event. But it is always worth it once the event is ready for players to enjoy.
    • At Arbys, apparently they have the meats.
    • Going to be honest, I don't know who that is, so no idea.
    • Memes? Where? I don't see BK
    • Sure, didn't know you were dead :p
    • Hey, I actually know that song ;)
    lol, was not on my way to prom. That is just how I like to dress when I go places. (Today I am not going anywhere, so lounging around in shorts and a tshirt, so trust me, I don't always dress like that, lol)

No, I would prob die rather quickly, either from eating something poisonous or something eating me. I don't like the outside and the outside doesn't like me.

1. Background for others: My nickname among friends is 'bun' or 'cinnabun' for reasons not stated here. And Gordons Food Service, a retailer here in the US that does bulk food sales, sells these boxes of frozen cookies that you just set out on the counter and let them thaw, then eat them. They are truly the best cookies you can buy from a store (home made is of course still better), and I can easily eat 10-15 of them (40 in a box). So, of course I would choose the cookies over the cinnamon rolls!
    2. Not specifically, no :p
    3. Umm, 9?
    4. 42
    5. :eek: (Btw, that is one of my fav Doctor Who episodes, and jossy knows this :D)
    6. Australia/New Zealand. Partially just because I would like to see all the places they filmed LoTR and The Hobbit, but also because they are both very beautiful and interesting countries that I love to spend some time exploring.
    Oh my, umm. I would have to say that it would be one of two times on EMC:
    • The time that Mojang's session servers went down and those of us who were in-game became the 'survivors of the apocalypse.' That was a blast, cause majority of us ended up on smp8 (of course :rolleyes:) by that night, when there were maybe 30-40 players left online. Somebody threw a huge drop party and then we went miniboss hunting in the wastes. Before that though, when a bunch of us were on SMP7, we had a bunch of fun just hanging out and doing stuff. (Here is the link to the thread I started for it: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/screenshots-of-the-survivors.54890/page-2)
    • The other time, would be the time we had a waste reset, and somebody broke it. Thus, when you did /waste, you were stuck in the waste. There were not any waste outposts to teleport back to town from (you basically would spawn in mid-air or on top of some random mountain, where the spawn was supposed to be) and if you died, you spawned at the world spawn, not back in town. I was one of the people who entered the waste before people were notified of this issue (spawned in the middle of an ocean :eek:). I had a few other people nearby me who had gotten there before me or soon after I had, and we swam until we finally found an island. We set up camp there and basically started over from scratch. (Apparently, none of us came prepared with actual armor and tools) We spent a good few hours just having a fun time, waiting until the issue was fixed.
    Both times I had a ton of fun with the other random players who got stuck in those situations with me, and were truly some of the 'funniest' things I have seen on EMC.

:eek: I don't have a favorite player, you should know better than that. I love all EMC players equally, because everyone is fun to hang out with in their own way. :D

I got the nickname Bambi from Simon within the first week of joining the staff team. It is a reference to the tv show Scrubs. One of the doctors in the show is named Dr. John Dorian, also known as JD. In the show, he was given the nickname Bambi, and thus Simon decided I would be called Bambi as well, since I shared the guys name of 'JD' :rolleyes: (You can read about it some more, here: http://scrubs.wikia.com/wiki/J.D.)
    Tbird1128 and jossytheninja like this.
  6. Gg on a year
    JDHallows likes this.
  7. Do you ever feel bored of playing Minecraft?
    JDHallows likes this.
  8. Of you won 1 million but had to spend the night in the most haunted house in the world.. . Would you and what would you spend the money on?
    JDHallows likes this.
  9. Do you like eggs?
    JDHallows likes this.
  10. Yeah, I do at times. Usually this just means I need to take a break from the game and do some other things. However, it doesn't happen often, just because I have so many different things that I can do right now between staff duties, projects, hosting events, and hanging out with people in the community. But like anyone else, sometimes I need to take a break to kind of 'refresh' and come back with a renewed mindset. :)

I would do it, because one night for a million dollars isn't that bad at all. As for spending it, first I would go on a vacation and travel the world. Then, once I got back home I would set myself up to live comfortable the rest of my life. I would still finish school and go work, but I would pay off all my student loans and use the money to ensure I didn't have any debt from buying a home and a new vehicle. I would likely still have most of the money left after all this, because I am the type of person to spend wisely, not frivolously, so I would put the rest into savings accounts, invest it, etc. Do things to basically set myself up for retirement. Then, I would focus on just doing whatever I loved.

I like eggs, yeah. I prefer them fried, with buttered toast.
    jossytheninja and Sachrock like this.
  11. That might have been a misunderstanding. I should've said best friend? If you like a stranger as much as you like a player that you've known for 5 years... Kinda weird. But, if you love all the players, good for you! :D
    JDHallows likes this.
  12. Ah, yes, that is a question I can answer better :p Although, also difficult in its own way. So, I probably should break it down like this:
    • My best friend: My brothers actually both play on EMC, although only occasionally and pretty much only when I need them to be my in-game slaves for a project I am working on (benefits of being the oldest :p). My brothers are my best friends, to be honest, the three of us are just close like that. We pretty much go everywhere and do everything together.
    • EMC player I have known the longest: WyntyrRaevyn was probably my first 'friend' on EMC, and I met her within a month of joining EMC, and we started talking regularly. 2.5 years later, we still talk and hang out on almost a daily basis. While I have many more players I talk with regularly, that is my oldest/longest lasting relationship I have had on EMC.
    Hopefully that better answered your question ;)
  13. Can you give me every rupee in existence?
    JDHallows likes this.
  14. Easiest question so far, no I can not :p
    NuclearBobomb and jossytheninja like this.
  15. Giving this a quick bump! I will be without any internet access over the weekend, so I will not be able to respond to any questions until Monday at the earliest, possibly Tuesday, depending on when we return. See you guys then! ;)
    jossytheninja likes this.
  16. If you could be a duck, would you rather be a llama or Fish?
    JDHallows and jossytheninja like this.
  17. Sorry it has been a while since I posted here, been really busy this past week :/ But I am back in time for today and tomorrow, the last two days of the giveaway!
    So, I actually spent too much time thinking on this question :rolleyes: But here is my answer!
    I am currently a human, with the ability to turn into a duck (if I chose), but, I would rather be a llama. Fish are kind of simple and get eaten too easily, whereas llamas are kind of cool and useful. Plus, I would get to spit on people and it would be seen as normal.
    Gilixnup and jossytheninja like this.
  18. If you have a favorite mob that best describes you what mob would it be and why? And part 2 is if you were that mob what attribute would apply to you on that mob?
    Happy 1st anniversary on EMC too :)
    JDHallows likes this.