Allow Mobs in Town

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Golden_Doodle, May 14, 2012.

1. Baby panda's are cute and... wait that's off topic you nugget!
  2. doesnt matter. only symmetrical ones work.
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  3. For most of the negative reasons stated in this thread, I have to stick with our idea that mobs shouldn't be allowed in town.
    Curundu, Kells18, Frodomann1 and 4 others like this.
  4. aww...
  5. Pandas make everything better. Also, who would want their res to become a creeper bomb range...
  6. Make a hostile mobtrap on a flat world. After that you should see that there will spawn ALOT of mobs during daytime. Maybe that's not enough mobs to make you lagg, but ey not everybody got a PC there can handle that.

PS. I have a PC there can handle over 500mobs, so im not talking for my self but for people there has a bad PC.

PSS. Once i played with a guy, he had a very bad PC so he had to MOVE very far away from other players so he wouldnt lagg, and even his sheep farm made him lagg.
  7. Do you KNOW what goes on the servers? The server has to keep track of 1500 residences, along with all the permissions for each, load chunks for EVERY player connected, along with tons more. We get enough lag already, you really want more?
    And if you want the survival aspect of minecraft, I have a command for you. /wild
    PS. They're Jeremy's, not Aikar's.
  8. Exclude creepers.
  9. You are being to harsh :p

PS. As far as iknow you only get lagg when loading NEW chunks, (virgin areas). I don't think that's a problem in town because the town is "loaded" and i think there is a map border aswell :p I could be wrong tho
  10. I'm just going to drop it, and remind ya'll that this guy right here is an admin.
  11. If you wanted to practice making machines use single player. This won't happen it has been brought up before. Unless JustinGuy or Jeremy suddenly have a odd change of heart this will not happen. I am tired of seeing threads about this.
  12. A Possible comprimise could be selling spawner blocks, and getting the /spawner command (if looking at a spawner it changes the spawner type) But this would cost tons of money, around 10,000 (probably more) and a fee to change the spawner (changing it to a hostile mob would be disabled in town, saying "Hostile Mobs will not spawn in town" but would be great for Wild)
  13. I tested the iron golem farm on my test server and it isn't as lucrative as people make it sound, I also repeated said farm in the wild and found that iron golems wouldn't spawn in the wild.. But it does make a pretty funny zombie flesh generator at night.. xD
  14. I surprised people would worry so much about easy xp when getting rupees is as easy as signing in everyday.
  15. But you don't get up to 15k every day, do you?
  16. That's not really the point. I'd rather not get a sign in bonus at all, even as a diamond supporter. I got 13k just for being a diamond supporter for 1 month that just feels cheap to me.
  17. I'm not completely sure what you're arguing here. I read your other post as "Why are we concerned about the economy being swamped with enchanted items when we already get daily rupees?"
    So I proceeded to argue that you don't get up to 15k a day, around the maximum price for a single pick.
  18. Yeah this one is better than thebear :p
  19. I'm going to figure out just how fast you can get xp from a mob farm that would allow for one shot kill since you still need to hit the mobs to get xp. I hate hand out systems/effortless gain all together, part of the reason I don't play the current Runescape anymore.

EDIT: XP farming really would be an issue. Maybe Jeb can improve that in the future or something because I find that no fun.
  20. There are so many animals in town that it would be impossible for anything to spawn naturaly as mobs only spawn up to a certain number. When that number is reached no mobs spawn
    SecretAznEks likes this.