Allocate more new players to the empty servers.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Shaaades, Jun 16, 2013.

1. I second this.
  2. Well, one way I see fixing this is less residences on each server or less servers. Seeing how this will cause more problems then solutions I leave it as a thought.
  3. Yeah! smp6 deserves more players! Too much abandoned lots! :mad:
  4. 2 people on smp6, 40 on smp1!
    BilboBaggins23 and Choongjae like this.
  5. i think the easiest solution would be to make derelict policy on crowded servers longer/ to require all empty lots to fill before resorting to derelict (this would be on a case by case basis, if someone was trying to get alts/supporter lots that should be taken into consideration)
  6. People can't be stopped from going on one server like that without being banned or blacklisted. ANd since this is a network of servers, it would ban/blacklist them from every one of these servers, and they could just go onto a different server when they find out there are no more empty properties on Smp1/Smp9.

In the title of your thread, you used the word allocate wrong. It means "to allow more room for something, such as memory".
  7. Allocate means to move or distribute.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  8. Businesses conform to the customer, not the other way round. You only see Walmart in areas where they are going to be productive. If business is your main concern, move your business. Its simple.

I support encouraging new members to join and visit other servers, but from an equal distribution standpoint, not a business standpoint.
    Lukas3226 likes this.
  9. yes but if a new member gets to a server and there are no shops he will likely relocate. its a tradeoff. i would like to see a more active town however to complain about my outrageous prices at my shop :D
    jkjkjk182 and DrewRadio like this.
  10. they would be able to get in, just wouldnt be able to set up shop there.
  11. The way the thread started made it sound like people wouldn't be able to et into smp1 or smp9 at all
  12. Meanwhile on SMP6
    rman92011, PenguinDJ, wisepsn and 3 others like this.
  13. You seem to be forgetting about smp3...

Btw, it's unfair to stop people from joining servers. There is a better way to stop this problem, but nobody's thought of it yet :p
    DrewRadio likes this.
  14. Smp3 FTW ,just putting it out there

(Devoted wilderness explorer and wilderness towner(er) )
    DrewRadio likes this.
  15. Just a suggestion.

At the moment players have to register on the forums before they can play.

Have it so that at the end of the 'forum account creation' process there's some text saying 'Play now at SMPX' based on the server with the smallest number of people at that time.

Completely automated and fair, this would over time make the player count on all the servers equal.
  16. Flexile has a little bar at the top of the screen usually, which is what we used to have where the advertisement is now.
    I think we should remove that advertisement, seeing as hardly anybody goes on EMC without an adblocker, or move it, and bring back the bar with the least populated server at the time on it.
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  17. This wouldn't be half bad in my opinion. It would change automatically with player count, however, if no one is on, and that is the lowest player count, then a new member would by dying for answers...
  18. How about a cross server hub? One ip address would link to a spawn with portals to the other servers. You could even get rid of the number system and just have unique names for the different servers. I think this way new players would get distributed somewhat evenly.

Says the guy who would not have to code something like that.
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  19. True dat but, this most likely will not happen... Aikar likes to make his own plugins so EMC will be safe from other plugins...
  20. What they should do is do drop parties on smp6 and smp3 to get more people on it! :p Therefor people will decide to go on unpopular smps.
    DrewRadio and brickstrike like this.