All of the "Sims" games!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ocelot3101, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I have many problems with EA, this being one. But Nope; game's been announced for a year now and gameplay was shown pretty early on.
    Spore was a massive disappointment for me :p Not because it was a bad game, but because it was supposed to be an evolution simulator which sounded really, really good, and had no real goal. The end result did have a goal; and that was to become sentient and still be an evolution simulator. Yeah... Maxis and EA seem to believe that becoming sentient and wiping out species and terraforming planets is the ultimate goal of evolution. Whatever; EA published Black, The Sims, and Burnout 3, and they're some of my games :p
  2. A few things I found out due to the Sims wiki page
    • Neighborhood gameplay would be separated by loading screens
    • Create-a-style, introduced in Sims 3 is going to be removed
    • Mac version of Sims 4 *So far* has been told will be released later than Sept.
    • In sims 4 will be a 'stripped down' version of story-progression
    • Sims 4 basements, grocery stores, school, and work locations will not be in the game. Instead it will be similar to Sims 2.
    To conclude, and put out some of my thoughts, I honestly think Sims 3 was kind of an experiment to see if a different type of gameplay would improve sales, but instead I think they went lower than Sims 2 (Which most people I have asked say Sims 2 was the best sims) so that is why EA is going back to some ideas Sims 2 had. Also to conclude it seems that they are taking out a bunch of features from Sims 3, so if you're a big fan of Sims 3, be wary of Sims 4.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  3. I may have put two hundred more hours into Sims 3 than Sims 2, but I can say that with open-neighborhoods, Sims 2 would have been a lot better than Sims 3. Also, all of that stuff they removed will be added in one of the many future over-priced expansion packs, I can assure you.
  4. I just found out that EA are adding a 'premium service' into the game. And also the owner, or whatever, of EA stated that gamers are stuck in the past and can't adapt to change.

Suddenly, players are now in the wrong for buying a game and expecting to play the full thing without buying a billion expansion packs and stuff packs that usually aren't worth their while.
  5. I played simcity 3000 world edition and really like it :) Always used iamweak though, just because I can never earn more than I'm losing in these sorts of games :p I don't know if I can still play it though, because windows 7 seems to work differently than windows 98, on which I normally play simcity.