A Wiki Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Wiki editing is strictly limited for rules related posts"?

That means that contributors can't edit the rules. The pages are locked, so only members with a Staff rank can do anything regarding locked pages.
  2. Ok, so staff can do it. Not a big difference.
  3. That's part of the problem. Updating the custom items page is a constant task, even when no more items are being released. If you're suggesting locking all the pages that require an auction rule, it'd prevent Contributors without a staff rank from doing anything at all on those pages.

Which in my opinion, is just not an option.
    WitherDoggie likes this.
  4. Okay, I understand that better. Because the auctionability of an item is a part of rules, and we don't want a miscommunication of an item's status of whether it can be auctioned or not. Thanks for the explanation. (This is sincere, btw :p)

But an alternative..
    What if we have a link to a staff-posted auctionable items list inside of each promo item page. And (optionally, as I think this is actually a pretty difficult feature to make) have the contributors customize each link to scroll to the location of the item's auctionability on the staff-posted list.

This way, the status of auctionable or not is only written and edited by staff, and the contributors can only reference this information, and not change it by accident.
  5. Rough Draft

6. The way the template for the list is created, that's not close to possible
  7. I like it. Maybe to prevent the wrong information from being posted on the quantity, provide a link to the auction rules page instead of posting the quantity.
  8. I don't understand where you're suggesting we put the page. However, from what I can tell, that list seems like a specified and expanded rules page that already exists, but I get the feeling I'm missing something.

Having the links go directly to sections of text is done through BB code on the wiki, so doing that would be very hard.
  9. Can you just put if it's forum auctionable or not? No specifics, just a yes or no thing.
    If this can't even happen, I don't know what can happen. :/
  10. As far as I can tell, all items are auctionable.
  11. You are right (bonus chest though), I was getting too annoyed and oversimplified without thinking.
    Penguinub likes this.
  12. Closing thread requested by op.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.