A request from a veteran member

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Aug 1, 2012.

1. 1. I'd say less idiots and more uninformed, immature people. Be careful to think of idiots separately from uninformed people. There's a BIG difference.

2. the moderators do a great job. there was a period of a few weeks where there were rarely any on, but recently they've come back online much more often. And as someone who regularly talks to a few of them, I've seen them take very good care of the empire. Also, just a note, I think many of the moderators have alternate accounts, so even if you don't see a moderator online, one may be watching ;)

3. Sorry, but I disagree with this. Some people don't know how to appeal their ban correctly, and while I find the "UNBANME PLX!!!!???" threads annoying like the rest of us, I think it's worth it to keep the forums open to everyone. As I said in my original post: If someone says something that annoys you, shake your head and move on. If nobody posted on those annoying threads, they'd pass by in a matter of minutes.

:D :D :D :D :D
  2. A note about this thread: This is NOT the place to discuss specific people or threads that caused problems. This is NOT the place to dwell on the people who caused problems for you or anything else. This IS meant to be a wake up call to move on. So please, don't post specific events or threads or people's names in this thread. Thanks! :)
  3. I thought that might be needed :p

Here is the thing what has happened in the past has happened. What is going to happen in the future is what we need to try and prevent. So like JabrZer0 said lets not talk about specific people.
  4. I noticed this as well, I was also very happy with the recent addition of ignoramoose to the Moderating staff. Even though I have never had any in-game interaction with him before- he seems to be on quite often.

Sorry about that- should have just PMed that little conversation- even though it was found on its own. But you are very right. There is more to discuss than one specific post because it is much larger than that.
  5. I would definitely support Jabr as a mod. From my experience with him, he'd be great. Understanding enough, while most likely not afraid to do what is right. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders to me!

I, too, have had issues with this. In addition, I've noticed a lot of folks get chastised simply for their opinion. While those people are not technically doing anything wrong, it is annoying.
  6. On a side note, I find it comical when a person types in CAPS one time and gets 6 responses saying, "Watch your caps!", "No caps!", "Caps aren't allowed", etc. I realize these folks are trying to help, but one accidental caps lock isn't the end of the world. It reminds me of the story of the 5 monkeys :)

http://doh-san.blogspot.com/2005/10/five-monkeys.html
  7. Yeah; that is kinda funny, and ironic; but the lag between messages means the people saying it often don't see each other until after they've also said it.

I believe the delay is better in 1.3, once we get it.

What is much more effective though is, if a mod kicks the player.

A kick doesn't hurt - they just re-join - but others see that mods are watching, and when that happens, others are much more sensible for a while.

When mods are around, it's great. Love it, yep. Mods, great.

Just, I wish it was more than about 1% of the time (my own estimate - I could do some analysis, but it's around that kind of order)
    bonzd67 likes this.
  8. Yeah.... I know the delay, I just find it funny. :)

I wanna see more mods, on everytime...cmon mods. More mods! (Watch out for the welps)
    Herbrin3 likes this.
  9. God Save The Emperor (and his advisors) :)
  10. You mentioned me in a post - PM please? :)
  11. Done- My referencing your post was not meant to offend you :D- More details in the PM
    AlexChance likes this.