A request from a veteran member

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Aug 1, 2012.

1. We are Empire Minecraft not Democracy Minecraft. ;)
  2. It could definitely hurt to try. :p

But it really wouldn't make any sense how you would go about doing it.
  3. Empire... So King Justin? does that make ICC Queen? or Jester?

Also, Twitch is on a power trip.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  4. Hahaha No, I am just bringing back that fire that Twitch1 is known for. ;)
    I was gone for a while and now I am here to crack the whip. (See what I did there?) :p
    Dwight5273, chickeneer and JabrZer0 like this.
  5. I think that EMC's community did enough venting and complaining about JLopez in his original apology post. I know and understand their anger and why they want to verbally abuse him after the pain he caused him. I think that to try to man up; swallow his pride; and let everyone know that he messed up made him a slightly better person as he tried to repent knowing that he would not be unbanned, but to let everyone know he was sorry. Instead of posting positive things or not posting things at all the community members have decided to bash each other and Jlopez. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with Jabr0 as I am disgusted at how we acted today. We all may have different opinions and maybe it was right to get out our negative feelings in the 1st "Bash Jlopez" post, but I thought it had passed. Yelling won't get you anywhere especially when it is pointless. If I came here for my 1st day on the server I would have thought it was a hardcore PvP server where the only goal is to push everyone out of your way and be on the top. It is nice to see though that not everyone is so filled with hatred and those like Jabr0, Twitch, Dogs, others who have posted on this thread and those who posted passively and positively on EmpireGuide's post are not bad and are posting on this website only to benefit EMC, its players, and themselves not to tear down others. I think that today people's true colors showed and from now on I think that I know who I can trust to be there for me and who will only try to knock me down.
  6. Wait, I thought this was an empire. ;)
  7. lol, I posted this same message verbatim a while back and it went ignored.. <,<
  8. Wouldn't affect me either way with the things happening atm. Look forward to a few big things soon :v
  9. You win the "Most Vague" award of the year. ;)
  10. I am already the Toamto King. Also great post Jab!
  11. excellent post Jab
    ed edd eddy.jpg
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Worked hard on that award..
  13. It's also full of idiots and immature kids, who are not able to follow the rules, or even simple behavioural norms that are acceptable in any community.

The problems you describe are largely caused by the "idiot:nice" ratio.

Solution: More good mods that are more active, to kick out more idiots, to stop the constant breaking of rules.

I've said that many times. Our mods are great, but there's simply not enough of them - it's quite rare to see one actually connect. And the mods respond "hey, we have lives, we're doing our best!" - yep, we appreciate that, we think you do a great job - but, we need more of it.

Banned users should not be allowed to post anything on the forums.

(Something else I've said before).

Bans should not be up for discussion, at all, ever. They can appeal to a mod.

Yep - don't feed the trolls. Solution: don't allow banned users to post.
  14. A very well put post, Jabr. Thank you for this as I, just like Twitch, was beginning to think that I was the only one noticing this. I spend a lot of time on the forums, and I find myself very disappointed when older members are not showing good spirit to the new members who are struggling with what to do. I find myself having to answer a poster's question 20 replies in because other members are just trolliing and not simply answering them. I know it is not always avoidable, and we will never be able to get rid of those who troll, grief, or simply do not read the guide, but instead of being rude and unhelpful how about we share our knowledge to those who don't know in the hope that they will share it onto others in the future.

We are a community, we need to start acting like one again. As much as I hate to say it.. the attitudes of those few people around are what will drive away potential new members. After all, EMC is like a business and we are like the employees who create an image of how the Empire is viewed. Be positive and inviting, so those who visit once keep on coming back.

EDIT: Also, I have no clue of the thread that was closed recently. It does not sound good though.
  15. This is on the 2nd Page- should be good to post a link to I will hide it here though :)

Edit: Note: as Twitch stated earlier in this thread- quite a bit was taken out.
  16. Found it before I read your post hah. I figured most of the bad stuff had been taken out. It still wasn't perfect though. At least his apology was only that, and not a Copherfield.
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  17. Lol- AlexChance's post on the last page references some of the worst - How should I put it - Name calling that was edited out later
    AlexChance likes this.
  18. Oh dear. I shall be speaking to him haha.
  19. Where am I looking? :confused: