A new idea for those empty EMC plot(s)?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Dec 4, 2013.

?

(After reading topic) What do you think of this idea?

I like it 10 vote(s) 52.6%
I am indecisive about it (couldn't care either way) 2 vote(s) 10.5%
I am unsure (it needs more time,options,ideas,etc) 4 vote(s) 21.1%
I don't like it 3 vote(s) 15.8%
  1. I have started playing on other servers with these mini games and they are really fun to play, I think it would really boost the popularity of EMC. Sure you get 9 and Utopia servers to choose from, get to build on your own plot, make a outpost... But after you do everything it does start to get boring.. Like sure they are trying to get new players to join but wouldn't it be nice if they stayed and had something fun to do as well. Not bashing on EMC but we kinda need more to do. Besides Dragon tombs MIGHT come out in 4 years from now haha
    NZScruffy likes this.
  2. I voted 'I don't care'... but after a further 5s of thought, I'd change that to "I don't like it"

I only read the first 2 paragraphs, and first line of 3rd paragraph. And the answer was 'no'. My stance on this is extreme, I know. But I have my reasons based on experience.

I will not participate in PVP, it doesn't interest me. And from experience, attracting people that do enjoy PVP also brings more problem players (because problem players often also enjoy PVP). So my answer to introducing any kind of PVP linked in any way to any of the EMC servers is an automatic 'no' from me.

You might argue: "But what about a separate server for PVP games that doesn't link to EMC survival worlds at all?"
    I'd say: "If it's part of the EMC server family, and people are allowed to talk about the PVP server in EMC survival, then it IS linked, and all associated spillover problems. Further more: If you want to play PVP, then log into a PVP server."

One big factor that got my interest in EMC was 'no PVP'. IF EMC introduces PVP, I will consider finding another server.
  3. Yes, the PVP minigames DEFINATLY increase player numbers and popularity. So I struggle to find a decent non-PVP server, everyone adopts PVP, and it takes over. PVP = money. :(
  4. A PvP server is coming. It would be completely optional. You do not have to partake in it.
    PvP does mean player vs player, this doesn't exactly mean killing each other. You may be racing to an objective or trying to be first to complete an objective.
    Kells18 likes this.
  5. Yes, Kman122000 has a point there. PvP means Player Vs Player, not kill other players.
    akela132 likes this.