A farewell to the Kingdom of Hyrule

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by lauwenmark, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ,and
  2. :/ Lauwenmark has already been pretty frustrated with near constant griefing over the course of the past six months which spread to surrounding kingdoms as well. This really sucks man. I hope you don't decide to leave us. It really sucks when people act like this isn't a persistent problem when we deal with it on a near weekly basis. I haven't seen the damage but know there was MONTHS of work into hyrule. I know there are lots of people here that would definitely be willing to help restore it.

Chameleon, the minerail isn't disguised at all. It's in a place that is visible to live map and has traffic constantly. Hyrule is pretty obvious on livemap too due to the nature of the builds.

Chefnub hyrule is a pretty large outpost that has had a LOT of work to put into it. It's one of the prettier places on livemap. I haven't actually been in person, that's been on the to do list for a while now.
    LaadyIanite likes this.
  3. Tip: Build a giant screen of dirt over your outpost area so it's hidden on the map and don't give coords freely.
    Otherwise, I don't know.
  4. I wouldn't like nor like that idea. It devalues the build which I imagine was monstrous.
  5. Guess we should all walk over to "suggestion" and ask to prioritize frontier land protection?
    LaadyIanite likes this.
  6. Thanks for the kind words, people. I'll reply to PMs after typing this.

If you want to recycle some of the material in Hyrule, PM me. As member of Hyrule epic0258 has my authorization to take whatever he wants for his own needs. WyntyrReavyn and Gawadrolt also have my authorization.

The Hyrulian Line Railway was designed as a public service from the start. Even if I'll not maintain it anymore, I hope it will keep being useful for others. So don't break it just because Hyrule ceases to exist - it is still useful for many!

@Keliris - Sure, all buildings can be fixed. But how long it can take is something to take into account. Not everybody can afford to play all the day long.

@ShelLuser - Thanks for your kind proposal, though I'll have to decline. I heard of the GRIP before, and I believe it can be of great help for some. However, it doesn't solve the fundamental issue of uncontrolled griefing. It would take me days - weeks ? - to rebuild all what got broken. Then what? Any griefer can come and create even more severe damage in a mere minutes. For the most part, Hyrule was a one-man project; maintaining the outpost like this is simply insane.

@JesusPower2 - Thanks. It was a great deal of fun to explore abandoned corridors and places with you.

@Oasis_Co: You are right, finding alternatives to EMC is not easy. I wish you good luck in your own search!

@JPGamer1000 - I for sure will. Not on EMC, though.

@mercenaries2009 - LOL :D It is always time for a good joke :D I don't think I'll burn them all, though... But now cows are running around the corridors of underground Hyrule. I'd be cautious - legends tell that they were fed with human flesh :D

@theomglover3rd - Griefers won in this case, I'm afraid. I'll not stop playing the game, though :)

@WayneKramer - Thanks for your nice offer of assistance. Though as I said above, this is an uphill battle I cannot win on the long term, and one that I have no motivation to fight. Griefers can destroy a hundred times faster than I can build. And ban is not even a solution - a determined griefer will just create an alt, come back, and deal more damage.

@SKMMineraftian - In this case, that means a cover so huge it can be seen a mile away, so that would not be really effective. And to be honest, if the only way to keep buildings safe is to hide them, then I see no point in keeping playing here. My view is that people should be able to freely show their creations around and enjoy visiting them. Minecraft is not supposed to be a hide-and-seek game, IMHO.

Have fun, people!
    JesusPower2 likes this.