5+1 Senses Prompt

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by BrickStrike, Dec 3, 2019.

1. So I am a bit of a snob when it comes to fanfiction (it's not a phase lol).
    Lately, I've noticed that the 5 times + 1 format has been picking up in a lot of fandoms and I wanted to hear your guys' thoughts on it. I think it's a good trend for new writers to practice with as part of the challenge is making a short story.

If you guys know any good examples of 5 times + 1 (maybe even original fiction too), would you like to share? And if you have written any yourself, of course, feel free to share!

Anyways, the main focus of this thread is actually a spin-off of the original 5+1 challenge. Rather than a narrative of scattered moments through time, the 5+1 Senses challenge has the writer focus on description. Chapters 1-5 should focus on each of the five main senses. So, Chapter 1 could be sight, and here the writer wants to focus exclusively on physical and visual descriptions. Chapter 2 might then be about sound, etc. The plus 1 (or Chapter 6) here would be up to the author themselves. For example, say I took this challenge and wrote a vignette about Spider-Man. My last chapter might be titled, "Sense of Freedom" and focus what activities Spider-Man does that makes him feel free.

I'll take this challenge myself and post the results here. If you guys want to take this prompt and run with it, by all means, go for it. :)
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. I do not submit myself to a fanbase, but I assume that "5 senses + 1" is where you have a character that has a 6th sense? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

It sounds like an interesting concept. Whenever I hear that, I always think of the movie called "The Sixth Sense". I liked that movie when I was a kid. :)

(In regards to the thread, I'm hoping someone can add something substantive below my post, so I can read what they have to say, haha)
    607 likes this.
  3. It does sound interesting! Maybe I will see if there is an example for this for any franchise I'm into, but there's so much bad fanfiction out there, in multiple senses of the word 'bad'... :p
    BrickStrike likes this.