210k Lottery Giveaway (10 * 21k prizes)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ilyvion, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone.

I've been a supporter for almost my entire time here, but as I've grown tired of the vanilla Minecraft experience, I'm probably not going to want to play much on EMC anymore, so I've cancelled my supporter subscription. Having been a subscriber for a long time, but not playing, I've accumulated a small rupee wealth that I see no reason to hold on to now, so I'm going to give it away. In order to make it as fair as possible, I'm doing it as a lottery. If you want a chance to win, this is how it's going to work:

Pick three (3) numbers, each between 0 and 100. List them in your post, either like this:

5, 10, 20

or like this:

As I want to keep this thread as clean as possible, please don't write more in your post than the three numbers. If you would like to discuss anything pertaining to this lottery, I created a separate discussion thread for that purpose. :) If any moderators are reading this, feel free to delete any posts that don't follow this rule if you see fit to do so.

I will note your numbers down as they are when I first see them. If you later edit your post to hold other numbers, I will ignore your changes, so make sure you pick the numbers you want right away. If you make more than one post or post anything else than the three numbers, you will be instantly disqualified. If you pick the exact same 3 numbers as someone else, your post will also be ignored. Since you can pick between 1030301 different combinations of 3 numbers between 0 and 100, this shouldn't be a big problem, but if you want a tip to avoid clashing with others, don't pick "nice" combinations like 10, 20, 30. Those are much more likely to be chosen by someone than, say, 67, 73, 44, for instance.

To pick winners, I will use a random number generator (RNG). I will pull out 3 numbers between 0 and 100. If there's no exact match among the entries, I will pick the one with the smallest distance to the numbers. (I.e. if somebody has chosen the numbers 50, 60 and 70, and the RNG picks 45, 65, 80, that post's distance is (50 - 45) + (65 - 60) + (80 - 70) = 20. If there happens to be a tie using the distance method, the round will be considered invalid, and 3 new numbers will be chosen.

As mentioned in the title of the post, the total prize money is 210k and each winner will get 21k. The drawing will take place on October 13th.
  2. 7 28 64

And I'll keep an eye on the thread.
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. 4, 67, 44
  4. 10, 20, 30
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. 7, 23, 42
  6. 24, 8, 11
  7. 17, 43, 78
  8. 22, 56, 73 Thanks for doing this :D
  9. 21,84,92
  10. 54 69 16