1000+ days!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by charlyeee, Sep 9, 2017.

1. 1000 days.
    Well, I can't say that I've been on for all of them, but still!
    EMC has been an amazing platform for my creativity to thrive and be shown with others. I've had some bad and.. not so good experiences *cough cough* creeps *cough cough* but, overall, the community has always been supportive of my ideas, even through my 101% immaturity.
    Unfortunately, this year, I have found myself less interested in Minecraft as a game, and even before this, I would need to do projects just to stop myself from completely giving up. I still enjoy the EMC community and gaming as a whole, but...

I remember that in December of 2015, I became a supporter for the first time, disabling my derelict-ness.
    But now that I come on no longer, I don't feel the need as much to pay $30 a month for something that I don't use, so my supporter-ship will be no more.

Finally, to everyone's disappointment, I will be disabling move flag on my 13 reses, to ensure that my stuff stays there, and when I go derelict eventually, nothing will be affected.

Unless Staff accuse me of murder or something and they need to go on my res. Then, maybe if you guys can contact me, I'll change the flags.

So, once again, I'd like to thank EMC for such a wonderful experience (even though it took me a while to write this- exams). I may be giving my email address for those close friends of mine that request it, but other than that, I'll just be a regular res-hog on a quiet server known as SMP5.

This is lottie1664, signing off.

Actually, no. That sounded too fancy.
    Goodbye EMC.

Nope, that's too sad and sappy.
    I wish you well on your travels. Have a good life, friends.
    (that's a bit 'Hippy,' but it'll do.)
  2. Congrats on 1000 days! Also with move flag off people can still claim your res, however best of luck outside of EMC!
    607 likes this.
  3. Hoi Lottie!

First of all congratulations on your 1000 days. It's a long time indeed...

I don't know the feeling but I do know where you're coming from because I've seen this happening a lot more around me. But you're making the right choice, it's better to acknowledge these facts instead of pretending all is well and doing stuff which you actually don't really enjoy doing.

Of course I am sad that we'll hear and see less of you. We never really talked much (briefly here and then) but for what's it worth I always enjoyed reading your posts and I remember some of them as if it were yesterday. I especially liked some of your opinion posts from a while ago. (edit): those posts which did really matter ;)

It is your choice of course, and people (including me) will have to respect that. But I can't help mention that you don't have to worry about these things. People cannot steal your items with a move flag, and if you do go derelict then people still can't do anything in your residence.

Eventually what could happen is that people could forceclaim them (turning off move won't prevent this because the residence numbers are sequential, so it's alway easy to find out) or that the "auto cleaner" kicks in which will basicallt reset your residence.

But I am convinced that under no circumstances any other player will be able to somehow profit from all this. Your stuff is your own, and no one can (or will) touch that.

Of course you could consider dropping a vote every week.

For example: you could consider to visit the forum once or twice per week and then combine that with a vote. Only one vote is enough to keep your residences safe. Maybe something to consider?

:)

See, that's the Lottie I remember! :cool:

Anyway, I wish you all the best. As said I always enjoyed your posts and I'm happy that you had such a good time on the Empire. One heck of a server and ditto community indeed!

And well... I secretly hope that we'll see you again sometime in the future, who knows.

But for now: thanks for sharing, thanks for your posts and yeah... Until we meet again? ;)
    607 and mjnoe70 like this.
  4. Congrats on 1000+ days!!! Sorry to hear you're that your not going to be playing much if any. However even if you go derelict and your res is set to move false... If someone really wanted to /forceclaim one of your 13 residences... All they'd need to do is for example.. /forceclaim (res number) They wouldn't need to even be on the property.
    So maybe just keep move on so people can walk around or even glide an elytra over head without being knocked to the ground.
    I do hope you stick around the forums at least...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. After nearly 1700 days here can confirm, I have nothing to do, doesn't mean I'm going to give up on the community though. I don't enjoy playing Minecraft much at all anymore, but the friends I've made here, and I'm sure you've made too, are great. I've played other games with people from here, and I've played games alone whilst talking to the people from here. If you don't want to continue paying $30 a month for diamond just stock up on iron supporter vouchers, it's worked for me for several months.

But yeah, congrats on 1000+ days and sad to see you go.
    ShelLuser and fBuilderS like this.
  6. Or you buy 6month diamond and it works itself out to only $16.6 per month... :D
  7. We had some great times on smp5 together, good luck with your future adventures! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Aw... Good-Bye!! :)
  9. Australian dollars..

I'd like to thank you all for such positive feedback, and not being disrespectful of my choices. I may need to store my valuable promos and emeralds (not valuable, I know, but still) in my vaults.. 15 pages should be ok :)

Also, I wrote that at 9PM at night (slightly late for me :p), so it may not be my best writing piece.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.