1.8 Prep Update, Performance and MORE! 8/26/14

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Furnaces are using too much fuel now though. Not showing up as cooking fixes after a sec. But it should only take 8 coal to cook a stack of items. Just had 8 furnaces all take an extra coal to finish that 64th item. Used to be okay....

It is possible that it's a timing mismatch from repeatedly loading and unloading the chunks, but it didn't have this problem before.
    (Aaand the furnace that runs off of saplings just used extra fuel too I think. And I was right there the whole time. :()
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. Something else is happening to furnaces, I have had three players from the wilderness come to me, and some furnaces will not work. Even breaking them and replacing them, they are 'dead'.
    Fill em with coal, have items ready to be cooked, and nothing happens.

So, I think as more people cook, there may be something going on with it!
  3. Thanks for the feedback, will look into it soon, and potentially change furnaces back to 1 once a tick.
  4. I have a furnace that froze in the middle of cooking.. odd.
    I had to break it and replace it to fix it.
  5. Also, if you want another confirmation of chests having varied (but delayed) open noises with no closing.....yeah. That is actually more distracting than the furnaces not lighting up when they're working.
  6. :D