1.7 issue

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Tazri, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Whenever I try to play 1.7 version or older, Minecraft just stops responding, the screen goes black or white and I can't play. Sometimes it starts loading but I can't move or do anything, and the world does not load. It stops responding immediately. I've tried playing with another account, reinstalling Minecraft, and deleting the old .jar; I have a good pc and I don't have connection problems. What is happening? Why can't I play?
  2. Not sure but you can receive more help on the handy dandy Empire Help & Support forum

Don't worry, already requested to move your thread.
  3. When you start minecraft don't resize the window tell after you log into the server. This happens to me when I maximize the window before I log on.
    607 and Runningrhino like this.
  4. How many applications do you have open? Are you using mods? Have you tried running as admin.? Compatability mode?
  5. I'm not using mods, just Minecraft running, I run it as an admin, and I don't know what compatibility mode is.
    That's not the problem :(
  6. And your Java 7 is up to date?
  7. Do you get any error code or just a black/white screen? It may be that you are missing the 1.7 version folder.
  8. I know you said you tried reinstalling minecraft. But did that include the entire .minecraft folder?
  9. I reinstalled Java :/
    Yes.
    It's not missing, and no, I don't get any error code, it just gets completely black/white, or it starts to load but the cubes don't show up and I can't move. It says that my graphics card can't handle it, but I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT.
  10. The ATI Radeon HD 2600 is a very weak graphics card. It has a 3D mark score of 1159, to put that in perspective, the Intel HD 4000 graphics card has a 3D mark score of 2967. Your graphics card probably isn't able to handle it. It is Christmas season ;)
  11. Um... I don't know what graphics card should I get for an HP Pavillion... Also, I don't even know how to change it. Lol.
  12. Since it is laptop the graphics card is probably soldered to the motherboard. Time for new laptop?
  13. If it's a laptop you can't really swap out a graphics card with ease. Wouldn't recommend it. But if it's a desktop it really depends on what your power supply wattage is and what your processor is and what the chipset speed is. All in all I wouldn't recommend buying a new graphics card because if you could run MC before and you can't now than it's a software issue - not a hardware issue (unless you like... ran over it with your car or something stupid). Compatibility Mode put simply is running an application in a previous shell of an Operating System... Say if you have Fallout 3 but can't run it on Windows 7, you can try using compatibility mode to run it on Windows XP on your Windows 7. All you have to do is right click the shortcut to Minecraft, click properties, click the Compatibilitytab, Check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' Box, and select Windows XP. If that doesn't work than I'd try a FULL re install of minecraft.. like take your game saves out and just flat out delete and re install. Or you could try booting into safe mode and seeing if it'll work there. Both of those options are commonly used in troubleshooting software. :).
    607 and BobTheTomato9798 like this.
  14. Nope :(
    I've reinstalled it like that already. I'll try compatibility mode anyways, thanks.