1.14 is OUT!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Do you like the 1.14 update?

I haven't seen it yet... 8 vote(s) 22.2%
I hate the villager system!! >:O 4 vote(s) 11.1%
Yes! Way better than 1.13!! 9 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes! It made me more excited than 1.8!! 5 vote(s) 13.9%
I honestly haven't even gotten used to the 1.13 update yet... 9 vote(s) 25.0%
I like it just as much as any other update, it's really nothing special. 7 vote(s) 19.4%
It will kill EMC. 3 vote(s) 8.3%
No, there is too much war against the villagers, they're too beautiful to die! D: 4 vote(s) 11.1%
I like the update, just not the texture change. 6 vote(s) 16.7%
Totally radical dood. 10 vote(s) 27.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. You did remove the formatting of the text as well, though. :p
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  2. odd, everything I have read(admittedly not much) suggested that iron would be easier to get from mining than farming in 1.14
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  3. The videos I watched made it seem like it would be much easier. Unless something has changed since that video until now. I'm sure they were made using snapshots so who knows.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6CCa-Yo5E

Built in pre release 4.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  5. Yes, that was how it was fixed! :p
  6. That's untrue, you can have any formatting you want inside spoilers! You just can't have it in the spoiler tags. :)
    Proof:

Super thickly formatted text
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  7. I'm shook. Thanks XD
    607 likes this.
  8. Bump! I will continue the experience soon, if my computer allows it! (lag is the worst :()
  9. So will signs and coloring them stay the same on EMC?
    KatydidBuild and Jaqque_r0x like this.
  10. I think 1.14 is awesome for SP (though the villager trades thing is kinda annoying...) but I'm not sure it's the best for a multiplayer server like EMC... we'll have to wait and see, I suppose. HOWEVER, the thing that bugs me the most in 1.14 is HOW LAGGY IT IS!! I can hardly fly in creative, let alone sprint-fly, if I actually want to see the ground...
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  11. One thing: I have a 99% chance that Aikar hates 1.14 (in the development aspect) like I said only a 99% chance, so don’t get your hopes up....

Ps. 1.14 IS OUT (if you haven’t heard)
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  12. I would think so. You can colour signs with dyes now but it colour the whole thing instead of EMC's custom signs (EMC also includes fonts as well)

Really? I get a lot of lag (as many of you have heard ;)) but I wasn't having any trouble at all. Perhaps it was because I was on realms instead of SP/MP, but even realms gets laggy sometimes.
    I will probably experience this when EMC become 1.13 & 1.14 because both of those were very laggy for me on SP/MP.

Nah they just came here to read another thread about FUTURE 1.14 ;)
  13. What do you mean? Is there a new design? Example?
  14. I have enjoyed playing a private world with my friend! 1.14 RULES! The new textures are great, plus villages have much, MUCH more food now with the inclusion of hay bale stacks. I find it interesting how closing a trapdoor over your head makes you able to walk in a one block high area. This allows for a greater surface area to volume ratio when strip mining along a 1 block high corridor rather than a two block high corridor. Also, when crouching I noticed you are 1.5 blocks tall meaning you can fit into a passageway consisting of a block and a slab space. I LOVE FOXES. They are so freaking cute. I also appreciate the new smoker and blast furnace, for it speeds production of cooking food and heating ore. My one big gripe about 1.14 is in the village. For years, players entered a village for one sole purpose. The Blacksmith. Where.... where are you old friend? Removed? Why? The players loved you... here is a comic strip about the blacksmith

Anyway, that's Potato out for now ;)
  15. Thank you for your short review. :)
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.