1.14 is OUT!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Do you like the 1.14 update?

I haven't seen it yet... 8 vote(s) 22.2%
I hate the villager system!! >:O 4 vote(s) 11.1%
Yes! Way better than 1.13!! 9 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes! It made me more excited than 1.8!! 5 vote(s) 13.9%
I honestly haven't even gotten used to the 1.13 update yet... 9 vote(s) 25.0%
I like it just as much as any other update, it's really nothing special. 7 vote(s) 19.4%
It will kill EMC. 3 vote(s) 8.3%
No, there is too much war against the villagers, they're too beautiful to die! D: 4 vote(s) 11.1%
I like the update, just not the texture change. 6 vote(s) 16.7%
Totally radical dood. 10 vote(s) 27.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. You better get ready 'cause a big storms comin' *snaps fingers* ;)

You saw it. You heard it. You probably have even experienced it too:
    Minecraft 1.14 update Village & Pillage has been released!

Having come a little before a year after the huge 1.13 update Aquatic, Mojang came up with an even cooler update called Village & Pillage. As you can tell by the name, villagers have been significantly improved, updated, and changed with a new setup in their protection, roles, etc. (which I might call, further on, as their system).

As a reviewer, I'm going to experience the update myself (after reading what Mojang has to say about the update, of course!) and write down any new features that comes to my attention.
    DISCLAIMER: I am most likely going to miss some features, so feel free to complain in your head and tell everyone else what you notice, and feel free to let me know what you think of the update too! :D Just remember, this is all in my opinion - I am not someone who is too opinionated and I don't like to fight about anything, this is here just to display my thoughts about the new update publicly :p
    A note: I don't have a beefy computer, so instead of playing on single player, I'll be playing on a friends realm (which really is no different.)

My Experience
    04/23/2019
    The first thing I had noticed when I came on was the texture change: I was in creative so I looked around a bit and opened the inventory soon after to check it all out. The first item I noticed that looked odd was the golden sword symbolizing the combat section, and soon after I realized everything was different. I was a little afraid, because, no joke, EVERYTHING has changed. I looked at the building blocks section first, and I admired the beauty of the wonderfully clear glass XD - I'm happy now. :D I personally like the new texture, it just looks much more different in the inventory than it looks placed down.
    Of course, like anyone else, it will take me a while to get used to.

After giving the inventory a thorough look-through, I decided to hop out around the world and I noticed how, when you crouch, it seems a lot more realistic and natural rather than the old up-down-up thing. This time they made it so it feels a little smoother - although it looks the same on the outside looking in as you crouch :p Fact: You also don't crouch in the air anymore when descending while you are flying. On that note, and it might just be me, but I feel like they adjusted the settings a bit and now when you go forward/sprint, I feel like it gives me the same natural-y flow-y effect that the crouch does, just not as intense XD I think this was added in 1.13, but I might be wrong :p

I decided to check out some villages and wandering villagers and their llamas first. Of course, I wanted to check out the new trading system. Much like a few of the new crafting blocks, the trades are placed on the side for you to pick from, rather than just search through like how it is now - it looks nice. You can see how much you would owe them and what you would get in return! It all varies just the same - one wanderer offered me an oak sapling for 5 emeralds (this is for every sapling!) but also offered one packed ice or tubed coral block for 3 emeralds :p

Besides the looks, the trading system is really only benefiting single player worlds. Now, public utilities will be changed and the upgrading for villager trading has been updated and changed along with everything else ;-; If only things had gone a little better for this side, the update would have been wonderful in EMC.

I really love the differing structures for the villages in different biomes and the pillagers are just great XD Zombies and pillagers just really hate villagers for no reason, I love them XD. I also really love the wandering villagers, but why do they have such expensive saplings!! Haha

I found something very odd about the wandering villagers. I didn't even try to find this, but when it started raining, it drank an invisible potion twice (so that I couldn't see what it was holding in hand) and ran to find shelter. I wonder if the potions will work on EMC though? More programming XD. It is quite a cool fact, though. Edit: It works when it becomes nighttime too.

For the scaffolding block, I found you don't have to hop up to place it, you can just keep pressing the bottom block and they will continue to tower up. You can just hop inside it and hold space to head up. You can place 6 blocks off the side of any block, however you can continue to go up as long as you want. Note: If one falls and lands on another scaffolding block, they will stack. If you break the bottom block, everything that was placed on that stem will be destroyed. I like this block a lot, but I wish it would go further than 6 blocks out :p

To be continued... (I'm on break lol)

New Blocks & Mobs In 1.14
    So, going from the building blocks section right down to the brewing, here are the newest BLOCKS and MOBS that came in 1.14 that I cared enough to notice (If I missed anything, or said something from other updates, yell at me later XD)

Regular & polished diorite, andesite, and granite slabs and stairs

Mossy & cracked (including mossy cobblestone) slabs and stairs

Cornflower and Lily of the Valley

Wither rose - when made contact with, it gives effected player a wither effect. (I tested in survival) They appear when a wither is spawned and when a wither attacks and kills a mob - including players :p

Farmland block

Prismarine wall - when I first saw it I thought there was diamond embedded into cobble wall XD

Red & sandstone, mossy & cracked stone brick, red & nether brick, end stone brick, andesite & diorite & granite walls.

Note: Changed "slightly damaged anvil" to "Chipped anvil" and "monter" blocks have been changed to "infested" blocks.

Grass path - right click with shovel to create

Different wooden signs

Scaffolding

Loom - Okay so THIS THING is pretty neat. Now, to do those special patterns (such as the flower charge, skull charge, and now the new "Thing Charge" and "Globe Charge") you need them on these scroll looking things and place them in the bottom box. Then get your banner and selected dye colour for the selected charge and place all three in the correct places (Banner, colour, charge). This creates your special charge. Note: You also recieve the banner pattern "scroll" back after use :D
    Okay so I looked again and if you just place a banner and dye in, IT SHOWS ALL THE DIFFERENT PATTERNS AVAILABLE! :D It only takes one dye per ALL the patterns, no searching up recipes, none of that! I LOVE this XD

Barrel - 27 storage slots, much like a chest. can be placed upright, upside down, or on it's side like a piston.

Smoker (I have no idea what this is - it looks just like the furnace)

Blast furnace - basically just a quicker furnace.

Cartography table - Idk how to use it but I assume it could be used to combine maps or create book and quills or EVEN combine book and quills.

Fletching table - It has no use. Mojang says that it will have a use with making special arrows - an possibly special bows - in future updates.

Grindstone - Used for repair & disenchant! Cool. :p

Smithing table - Doesn't work either.

Stonecutter - AYY ITS BACK! But it sure does NOT look the same - or DO the same thing! :eek:
    So I first tried putting a piece of stone in the slot, and, much like the loom, it gave me a bunch of different options that I could do WITH that one piece of stone! It gave me recipes related to Stone Bricks and slabs etc. Cool!

Bell - used for villager meetings. I really like how it looks :p

Lantern - YAYAYAYYAYAYAY more cool lighting for foxy! XD
    Cool note, I couldn't place a lantern on top of a lantern, but it can be placed on the floor. It would look nice as a path light on the ground with grass paths

Campfire - YAYAYAYYYYY! No more burning of armor stands! :D

Lectern - What the heck is this thing??? I found it in the redstone section, it doesn't seem to have much use, but it does look a lot like a podium and thats REALLY nice. It also has a bookshelf texture on the stem of it, so it wouldn't look bad in a library - it doesn't look bad at all like a banister, maybe for a balcony of some sort. Of course, it won't do anyone good if they wish to jump off because it's only one block tall XD
    (No more redstone or transportation stuff, sorry :p)

Conduit (this might be 1.13 tho)

Composter - Idk what this is :p I tried throwing different items into it but nothing really happened.

Note: Although they have a black dye now, they didn't get rid of ink sacs.

Leather horse armour

Banner Pattern - Stated in the Loom definition, it's used to craft the different "charge" patterns on a banner. It looks somewhat like a scroll

Sweet berries - a food item that can be placed! Its a tiny bush (that grows rather quickly!) that you can place/break and eat if your hungry - only half a bar though. If you step in them, though, they hurt you half a heart at a time very quickly - quicker than drowning would! Be careful when you see these things around, even if they look pretty :p

Enchantments - Multishot, Quick Charge III, and Piercing IV all for the crossbow.

Crossbow - YAYAYAYYAYA!!!

Potion of Slow Falling (I think its 1.14?)

Cat & Fox! I've been complete! :p - I have no idea how to tame a cat, so I just left it be XD As per the Fox, it is very adorable and skiddish, and they also eat live fish :p It was very adorable, it picked up a raw cod in it's mouth and sat down to eat it! :D

NuclearBobomb said: If you breed foxes the baby wont run from you, in fact it'll act like a wolf as it will attack anything that hurts you.

Panda - Eats bamboo. Gets fat. (Jk it doesn't get any fatter) Drops bamboo when killed.

Pillager - Attacks villagers with crossbows. There are also ones with banners on their heads called illagers that are spawned as a pillager. When they die they will drop the banner, which is named "Ominous Banner" and is in a dark yellow colour.

Ravenger - Giant, bear-like creatures that assist pillagers in attacking villagers in Raids. They use their tusks to attack and butt villagers head-first with all their might. I would NOT recommend getting on these guys' bad side :p

Trader Llama and Wandering Trader - Wandering trader has special trades and is accustomed to a certain biome. Each trader is assisted by a few llama with special perks - be careful, the llamas are feisty! :p

Please, feel free to comment all of your opinions and thoughts about 1.14 below! I'd love to read about them :)
  2. This is interesting :)
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  3. if you breed foxes the baby wont run from you, in fact it'll act like a wolf as it will attack anything that hurts you.
    Gawadrolt and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  4. Cool! I didn't read the orange text. I can't quite explain why, but it was not inviting. :p Maybe because it's a list-structure, and there are no pictures.
    Ariesis and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  5. That's alright! The intent for the thread wasn't even that section, I mainly put it there for people who didn't know what was added :p
    Ikr :D
    That's really cool! :D *updates thread*
    607 likes this.
  6. Some of it looks cool. Don't like the trading system now. Quite a big turn off really.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  7. Yeah, I understand. I like that you won't have to scroll through every trade to see what's available though.

My least favourite part of this update is how they spawn iron golems. It requires a "town meeting" (the bell rings) and it spawns an iron golem (or something along those lines). This update has broken iron farms :(
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  8. The new layout is cool and the leveling it something neat. Problem is most of this stuff benefits SP. These changes will hurt (if not end) many public utilities that people use. That's what I hate. I spent over 1 year building mine and now it seems that will all be broken. These places were great for those that don't have money or don't like the wild, etc. Gives them a safe and free place to participate.

Funny enough, Iron farm will be 1000x easier to make and will completely shatter what little worth iron has now.
  9. Yeah, I don't like it either. I totally agree with your point on why we have public utilities, and I don't disagree at all, but Mojang didn't make Minecraft for those public utilities, I bet that they're trying their best to make Minecraft to be more of an adventure, even if it's totally inconvenient for players like the ones you described. I see the picture they're going for and I love it, but I love public utilities too because I'm lazy XD
    I guess now we gotta build barricades around any village we come by to avoid pillager raids haha

XD Poor iron :p
  10. Oh I agree. That's why I say that update is great for SP but not at all for MP.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  11. But even in SP I'm lazy hehe
    ThaKloned likes this.
  12. The trading system is an absolute deal breaker for me. Villagers are a massive part of the EMC economy and even old ones are now getting changed. It completely ruins the game for a multiplayer economy server, and goes against the 'play your way' origins of minecraft.
  13. Why? What's wrong with the new villagers?
    I feel like Mojang doesn't care much about consequence between versions. They seem to consider the regular thing to do starting a new world for each update.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  14. I agree :D
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  15. They have to use their work stations to restock their trades and can only do this twice per in game day.
    Also, I know this doesn't cross their mind as they aren't thinking about what players might actually want, rather, what makes the game look nice to drive sales, but, not everyone, especially servers like EMC, wants to delete their old world every time they push out a new update.
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.
  16. Well said.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  17. Cool! I haven't checked out 1.14 myself, but I look forward to exploring. :)

I think the spoilers are behaving weirdly because they are formatted. Trying highlighting the spoilers and then click the little eraser button in the top left corner. Do it only to the spoilers though, as it will remove the color of the text inside if you highlight that as well. ;) Hope that works!
    607 and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  18. YESSSSSS!!! I am so happy! :D
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  19. Thanks, it's fixed now! I didn't know they were like that :D
    ME TOO!
    I wonder when EMC will be able to update to 1.14, I hope they don't have as much programming issues as 1.13.
  20. FREE Iron for eveyone :D
    Foxy_Kitty and ThaKloned like this.