Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Builder11257, Oct 7, 2018.

1. I'm not sure where to post this but I was wondering when the 1.13 update is coming out. I really dread the mobs that will come out if I don't sleep.
    Bosoc likes this.
  2. I heard that the update might come out later this year, provided everything goes according to plan for EMC.

They are patching up a lot of issues that exist in 1.13, so I consider the major delay a blessing. Server that run 1.13 or 1.13.1 are unbearable...
    FadedMartian and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  3. No problem mate. :)
  4. We currently support 1.13.1 clients (Some blocks may have visual issues, as the server is still 1.12)

There is currently no ETA on the 1.13.1 server being released, as there are quite a few bugs that still need to be fixed. Just don't want to give people a set time, if more issues pop up before we release :p

I look forward to some things that will be added, though ;)
  5. Late reaction (I'm not very active anymore) but this can take a while. See; EMC runs on Paper which is a (modded) Minecraft server which in its turn is based on Spigot (the "original" modded Minecraft server project). It's a bit funny (IMO) because Spigot seriously enhances a vanilla Minecraft server (just because it allows you to use mods doesn't mean you have to use mods) whereas the Paper project seriously enhances on Spigot (it takes getting used to, but it's honestly quite special and worth the effort IMO (not all mods run smoothly, but... it is doable to find a good balance)).

So here's the issue: the official (stable!) release for Spigot is still 1.12.2 at this time (time of writing) because 1.13 is deemed unstable.

You have to keep in mind that 1.13 was way more than just a few new blocks and mobs and a different look for the command system. 1.13 changed everything. And it's going to take a while because before servers such as EMC can catch up. Heck: even OptiFine hasn't released an official version at this time.

I know: there are already a few servers out there which provide 1.13 support. Sure. Now look at how many issues some of those have (I can't really comment on this myself; my stories are hear-say from a friend of mine who does, and well.. she's not impressed).

Finally: EMC claims to support 1.13 but don't bother: they only allowed 1.13.x clients to log on but don't really support them. You won't have a good experience because it's basically unplayable. Try to open a metal door for example and only one half opens (you can't pass). Try to make a nice window and you'll only see glass bars, stuff like that. But... that's really not EMC's fault, 1.13 is pretty much mostly unsupported throughout the entire Minecraft community.