Welcome to EMC Auctions / Rules [Read This FIRST!]

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The following new rule has been added after some confusion has arisen. All auctions started after this rule was added are subject to it.

What is a valid bid?
    Updated: 07/02/2013
    The first bid must always be equal to, or above the starting bid. For example, if the starting bid is 500r, you may bid any amount that is 500 rupees or above.

All subsequent bids must increase the current price by the minimum bid increase, or higher. For example, if the price is currently 1000r, and the minimum bid increase is 100r, the minimum you can bid is 1100r. The maximum you can bid is the amount of rupees you have.

Any joke bids are not valid and should be reported. If someone places an invalid bid, you can simply ignore it until it is removed. You do not need to bid higher than the invalid bid, and should bid based on the last valid bid.
    PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. Do fireworks count as bonuses, or would I have to get a double chest of the same firework?
  3. Normal fireworks should be in double chest quantities, however, EMC unique fireworks can be auctioned in any amount. :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. Are you not allowed to go back on a bid? Say you bid on something then later discover you found the same thing at a better price, and you won that auction.
  5. That kind of sucks for me since I had an extra of one I wanted to get rid of, normal firework. And the firework has a creeper face in it, which means I'm gonna need a double chest of wither skulls. I know I'm not getting the money or time to buy or get all of those. xD
  6. Nope, you aren't allowed to go back on your bids. :)
  7. You can use player heads or skeleton heads in creeper fireworks instead of wither skulls.
  8. Floozles :(
  9. You can only use wither skulls since EMC tries to stay as vanilla as possible. Mob heads and player heads only work in creative, trust me I've tried in EMC.
  10. Question: If no one bids on your auction, does the auction host have the right to lower the starting price?
  11. Yes :)
  12. I've used spare zombie heads. It works.
  13. Since this thread is stickied, I assume it is okay to bump this ;S
    I see no mention above about a Maximum Bid Increasement and I was wondering, is it legal to have once on an auction? I am a bit worried about this :(
  14. Why would you want one? if you have an item set for 500r and min increase 250.... and the item is worth 5k - why not allow someone to go straight for 5k?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Well, I mean, I just think that if someone were to bid like 18k, when others are bidding like 40 rupees and stuff like that, it is a bit rude. ;/ Just my thoughts about it. Maybe it could be an "optional" thing to have in auctions.
  16. I guess - but if the item is worth 18k, not 40r, it seems like common sense you're going to be outbid, not rudeness... imo
  17. Well, I would just like the option for it ;3
  18. In the past some auction hosts have implemented a maximum bid increase, but all it seems to do is extend the auction a great deal longer until a final price is reached. You are welcome to use a maximum bid, but be prepared for some irrelevant posts and incorrect bidding in your auction. :)
  19. Ah, okay :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.