The 'I Live In The Wild' Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bitfed, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd like that :)
  2. Awesome what Mods are you using, and texturepack?
  3. It's Kenokans, I'm not sure which one he's using. He told me, I've forgotten I'm deleting that btw, didn't realise how much info was in the waypoints display. :)

::EDIT:: After we get a few more things done, we'll definitely upload some more videos.
  4. nice :D you should ask him for me
  5. It's the Dark variant of the continued version of DokuCraft. Here's a link to the texture pack.

Does it really give away that much? I don't think it really makes a difference without knowledge of my coordinates in the video...
  6. Ty, And I got the Minimap too, so useful :D
  7. Not really, but you could triangulate it by finding a couple landmarks. :)
  8. Also, how we use Rei's minimap: We have regions marked out on a map and build close but not right next to each other. Other resources are spread out as well. Eggs in multiple baskets was the idea. This way we share waypoints and don't have to make anything very obvious.
    • Utopia
    • I like taiga biomes the best, but plains seem to be better for farming, so i end up there usually
    • Alone. I like having my secret place no one knows about :)
    • Landscape, weather (no weather on utopia though :'(
    • I attached a picture of my latest base, it's a ship, has a captins room with my crafting tools and below deck is my chests (locked) and enchantment table. As you can see plenty of sugar cane for brewing grog. and behind me is lots of farms for food, but you know what wheat looks like ;)
    • For fun I like hunting ghasts, although i feel sad killing them and making them cry, i like the challenge, and the range fight. Also love exploring and treasure hunting (poor village blacksmiths). I don't do a lot for profit, mindlessly bash blazes for xp to enchant things and maybe get something valuable i guess.
    • I've not built any grand bases, as I tend to lose interest and move somewhere else, I've got a a few bases on different servers I've never been to in ages.
    • For anti griefing I build my things far far away. I figure if it takes me an hour to get there, a griefer will probably lose interest along the way. That, and I build on utopia, I know there's supporters who are griefers, but I think less than non-supporters.

Attached Files:

bitfed likes this.
  9. I will upload new pictures with this texture pack and I have built an AMAZING lighthouse :D It's circular, with a spiral staircase, to get up, oh, its just amazing you'll see soon :D Ill put pictures in another post after
  10. Wow thanks this has incouraged me to bring 3 or more of my most trusted friends and live in the wild! we might head back to town or not, well i prefer to stay for a month if we dont like it we will go back, if we do like it we will stay for another month! And ect ect ect
    bitfed likes this.
    • Which server you have your wild camp on - SMP 5
    • Type of Biome you prefer to live in - Woodland.
    • If you live alone/with others - Alone atm but others are joining me.
    • Why you prefer to live in the wilderness - To get resources and and cannot claim a res ^.^
    • Pictures! You are proud to be rugged enough to build unabashedly in the wilderness, lets see what you've put up (Hint: Hide your display with F1 before hitting F2) - Cba to post pics but its just a little shack.
    • What kind of things you prefer to do for fun or profit - I go into mines that havnt been explored and find a ton of resorces. (FTW!)
    • Tell us what you've accomplished or what kind of project you are working on - Um. Nothing.
    • Anti-griefing strategies you utilize - I hide my place in the side of a mountain ;)
  11. Dude... seriously, weird synchronicities between you and I... I just finished this.

12. i should copy you guys. then i wont crash my ship when i take it for a ride.
  13. lol. It wont stop that. ;)
  14. HEY!

I'm a good captain, I sing jolly pirate songs whilst swilling grog when sailing. what more do i need to do to ensure safe sea travel?
    bitfed likes this.
  15. I do really wish we had cargo ships...
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  16. I think Notch is considering making large, customizable boats or yachts for us to travel the sea with.
    This would be nice, as there are tons of supplies at my res right now, and I don't want to travel all the way back to get it.
  17. Hmmmmm i might not go to the wild intil we comfirm if they reset the whole wild or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.