The 'I Live In The Wild' Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bitfed, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. There has been a bit of premature discussion lately due to the upcoming 1.2 release...
    To read more about that and the potential wild reset, see the bottom of this post.

This situation has brought a couple things to my attention, one of them being: There are others out there like me. I knew I wasn't the only one, but it appears there are more than a handful of us who prefer to live, work, and thrive in the natural splendor of the Minecraft wilderness rather than in town.

I think it's time we stood up and let ourselves be known to each other. Townies have an easy network to pull support from, but where does that leave us?

If you live in the wild, please respond to this thread with one or more of the following:
    • Which server you have your wild camp on
    • Type of Biome you prefer to live in
    • If you live alone/with others
    • Why you prefer to live in the wilderness
    • Pictures! You are proud to be rugged enough to build unabashedly in the wilderness, lets see what you've put up (Hint: Hide your display with F1 before hitting F2)
    • What kind of things you prefer to do for fun or profit
    • Tell us what you've accomplished or what kind of project you are working on
    • Anti-griefing strategies you utilize
    Before I link to the thread about the update: Please do not comment more, or get overly worried without READING all of it, but there is a chance (And that's ALL it is at the moment) that we will have to reset our Wilderness worlds in order to get some of the upcoming additions to the game. (Jungle, Ocelots/Cats) The thread is here, and you can skip directly to read what Justin had to say on the subject here.
    NurglesRott likes this.
    • SMP2
    • Anywhere but snow
    • I suppose alone really
    • No pictures, not ready for that!
      • For fun - Talk to my Wolf pack out loud and cry whenever one of them dies
      • For profit - Hunt Blaze mobs!
    • Securing an NPC village from the evil that lurks outside their (newly built) walls. Turning it into a central hub and perhaps one day, a holiday retreat for other players
  2. Sounds good but i live on barter trade
    • smp1
    • Ocean FTW!
    • Two other guys
    • I love mining and fighting mobs, oh and making money
    • Can't let you do that Starfox
    • Both fun and profit!
    • Humongous mine, slime farm, looking for diamonds!
    • Secret piston wall
  3. No it just doesnt look so good right now, i am fixing it up
  4. I'm curious why you guys don't feel comfortable sharing pics. Is it for security reasons? You can hit F1 to hide your display..
  5. Security and the fact that I just don't have them. :)

There's that deep-seated, nagging feeling that if people are intrigued by what they see then someone, somewhere will feel compelled to come and smash it up.
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  6. Smp2, I prefer desert biomes (near oceans), Easier to build on, less things to clear and offers a more differentiating terrain.
    I live with 6 other people at the moment, I started it back when the 1.0 server rest happened with Crazy1080, Who since moved away, Main people now are as follows: ISMOOCH, Xline96, Dart55555, Ftw12, Me, Crazy1080 (sometimes). I lead the whole operation and am "king" :D
    I love the wilderness because you can get away from the boring flat ugly land and all the annoying 8 year olds in chat, And it offers more chances for creativity because of the terrain and unrestricted size
    I prefer Fun rather than profit, I never do things there for profit, although, I have "acquired" 42,000 Rupees during my time there.
    I Have accomplished MANY things, Community building of all type, I myself own the 34x34 castle with 4 thick walls (30x30 Inside). We have recently implemented a HUGE rail system within the town/area and nether, Covering a whopping 13k blocks so far, We will implement a new 9250 directly from our base to the spawn area.

Anti-greifing: I lock all my personal chests and assist those who need to but cant afford to, We have 2 moderators that reside there as-well as many other members, and a few non-resident watch dogs. we are a LONG way into the wild so as to not be crossed by people who don't know about it.

Comments: If anyone would like to be hired to help with the long tunnel PM me, or if you would like to visit or live there, Pm me aswell :) Thank you

Photos!!: the link to a slideshow/photo album is as follows :) http://img19.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=20120130173114.png
  7. This is one of those things that can't have a winning battle, as it will upset one group over another due to specific situations. I've seen things in the wild and how awesome they can be...however we've always stated that your stuff is not safe or guaranteed in the wild. Aside from no protection (other than chests, etc.) we know that the game changes dramatically from time to time, and that in order for EMC to stay current with the times, we'll need to do wild resets from time to time.

We've now extended that time from being reset when the wild looks bad with a few things like the reset zone and outposts, but sadly, there's nothing we can do about updates from Mojang and at some points will need to comply with resets to stay up to date with the rest of the MC world. Of course, we'll always look for a solution to this and nothing has yet been decided, but just wanted to know how it looks from the staff side of things.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  8. BTW, I don't want to start handing out forum bans, but I'd kindly ask everyone start being more respectful towards one another.
  9. I believe this entire thread was meant as a friendly conversation about those living in the wild. I don't see anywhere that says "please don't reset the wild." You can go be elitist elsewhere.

I live on an island in SMP1 which I have named "Frontier Island" due to it being so close to unexplored land. I discovered the island myself.
    I have built a settlement that is home to at least 3, including myself. This settlement is named Fort Frontier. The island is mountainous, which is the type of terrain I enjoy. Frontier Island is rich in resources and Fort Frontier is built over an extremely large abandoned mine, which is currently under "re-exploration."
    I and a friend of mine in real life, Tannerbeck, are the main residents. A third resident, whose name I cannot remember, found the island after I left a message at a lighthouse I found many many blocks north of it. He or she has made active contributions to the fort and has begun work on a telegraph system and MAY begin work on a underground railway. I have never even seen this third person online before yet we're working well together at civilizing the unexplored frontier.

The current goals I have for Fort Frontier are:

-Finish securing and fortifying a permiter
    -Finish re-exploring the abandoned mine
    -Reactivate said mine
    -Construct docks
    -Construct farms
    -Construct defensive buildings (i.e. bunkers, watchtowers, trenches)
    -Construct economic buildings (i.e. blacksmith, housing)

As soon as Fort Frontier has been completed, exploring the frontier will begin and more settlements may be built. I began building in the wilderness when I became bored building in town (I enjoy building militaristic buildings and structures that serve actual defensive purposes.)
    Pictures will come sooner or later ;P
    thunder82597 and bitfed like this.
  10. I'm going to make a video for my town right now And perhaps I could come see you village at some point racialslur, I dont have anything on smp1 and am available many hours of the day if you need any help :)
  11. Just send me a message when I get back online and I will send you the coordinates, be warned though, the trek to the fort is a long one!
  12. As is mine, And I will, Im just taking photo's of mine now... so much to photograph
  13. If you live in the wild, please respond to this thread with one or more of the following:
    • Which server you have your wild camp on
    • Type of Biome you prefer to live in
    • If you live alone/with others
    • Why you prefer to live in the wilderness
    • Pictures! You are proud to be rugged enough to build unabashedly in the wilderness, lets see what you've put up (Hint: Hide your display with F1 before hitting F2)
    • What kind of things you prefer to do for fun or profit
    • Tell us what you've accomplished or what kind of project you are working on
    • Anti-griefing strategies you utilize

Seberling and his "wild habbits"!
    • SMP1
    • Snowy Forest or Normal Forest
    • Alone but I invite friends to visit!
    • I like the wilderness because of the sense of exploration, which is the whole point of Minecraft, and the ability to collect items at will, once again what makes Minecraft itself such a unique game.
    • No pics sorry, I may post later, all I have is my map.
    • I have accomplished a variety of secret bases and gathered enough materials to finsih my supermarket in the town after only about 2 weeks of being with the Empire.
    • Anti-griefing stratagies: I build a secret base with a single sliding door accessible from both sides against a stone (not cobblestone) surface so I can place a button that is not easily discovered and looks completely natural, sticky pistons well hidden and all, it would be extremely hard to find unless following me on the live map.
    bitfed and XxBoWnZxX666 like this.
  14. Ok so I took all the photo's :) I'm uploading as we speak, there is 81 in all and I still didn't cover everything, I will give a link to the album when its done uploading :)

Edit: Done uploading see my very first post on the first page :)
    Seberling and d1223m like this.
  15. Anyway, XxxBoWnZxX666, I only suspected you were a pioneer, but WOW, you seem to have already done what I've been envisioning for a few weeks now.

I have a few things that, if you have time at any point, I would really appreciate your opinion on.

I've actually been thinking a reset would be a perfect opportunity to venture out with others and colonize... it seems you had the same idea already. :-D

::EDIT:: These pics look fantastic, nice work!
  16. Thank you, I try my hardest, it brings me great honour and wealth to be out there, its extremely fun, and maybe if a reset is required we could get a group of pioneer's like you and me to make a new better bigger society. I am currently working on a railway as you may have read other places on the forum or if i posted it on here aswell :) I do have the end and start points created, Just gotta dig the other 9000 blocks of the tunnel :p

Thank you :)
    gale50000000 likes this.
  17. Where can I find them? I have been looking with no success.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.