smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Welcome! :) Feel free to ask any one of us if you need help!
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  2. penfoldex likes this.
  3. So I've just been wondering around the LLO, and the absolute scale of it is amazing. I usually stick to the west, but it's amazing how much stuff is in the north and the east. At it's peak, we must have had dozens of active members.

Also, exploring around I thought about the railway system. Probably about 3 years ago, we decided to completely redesign the railway system, which created the system we have today. At the time, the LLO was a lot smaller and built around one central area, and so the railways were designed just to go to one destination from the central station. However, this has obviously changed since the LLO has grown.

I think it's time we looked at how the railway system is designed, and maybe reroute some railway routes. Obviously the railway lines are more like RL metro lines, not just central station to destination lines. If anyone has any idea on what to do, please post them here. I've got a few ideas, but I'll get around to posting them later because they'll probably need a map to explain them :p
    zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  4. Ack, sorry. Couldn't make. Had to get to a performance I was in at the time. Can't make it next week either as I have a debate tournament for most of the day. Still, keep hosting meetings!

Ha, I doubt we had that many active members at once. Two dozen maybe, but even that seems a bit high. :p

As for the rail line, that sounds like a good project to address. I'm not too sure of the problems myself as I walk everywhere, but I am interested in what changes can be made. :)
    zulu9 likes this.
  5. Mainly, the changes I think should be made are just swapping around a few lines.. I'll get a map made up soon of my proposed changes :p
  6. zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  7. Just thought I'd mention, I've expanded the stadium station so that it now includes the line to Sankat. Although, that line isn't complete yet.

Secondly, I want to propose a few changes to the railway system. Currently, there's a few lines that branch out from other lines in places, however I want to combine some of these to create a longer, cross-LLO railway line. Admittedly, the white line loop does this somewhat to get to the west, but my idea is to create a line that also extends east of central station, and then west through the jungle instead of the mountains or yettitown.

The first part would extend the cyan line to meet up with the rock line and then follow it to it's destination. At central station, the cyan line would no longer terminate there, but extend west and follow the white line until it reaches to tunnel that was originally the light line, which it would follow through to a station at the western side of the jungle. It would then run underneath the water and would stop at a new station to the north of the current central west station. It would then continue south to the central west station, before connecting with the line to Sankat.

Basically, this would create a long line (called the Cyan line?) that can connect people across the LLO quickly without having to change line too many times. I've overlaid my proposed route as a thick cyan line, with black squares as stations, on the map below.

Any thoughts? :p
  8. Meeting 6pm emc time (saturday)?
    Interesting concept. Not so sure if the station before the West LLO terminal (heading west) is necessary though without another station existing on the white line in that area.
  9. I'd say skip the meeting this week. I think we should start going for fortnightly or even monthly meetings, because people just don't turn up to meetings when they're weekly. Give them a date two weeks out and that might attract a few more people.
    zulu9 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  10. Omg, hai.

I don't know if people have noticed, but I was without internet from the last week of November until about Tuesday this week. Due to extra focus on mock exams that I finished yesterday (Friday), finishing off English coursework (which I still need to finish :L), and finally starting work on some college applications, EMC has been on the backburner just a tiny bit for the past week or several. I just skimmed over a few pages, and from what I can tell the only thing I've really missed is the 'LLO is dead' stuff being brought up again. If anybody wants to fill me in on anything else I might have missed, feel free :p

Anyway, have we put the federation plan into some actual motion yet? From what I can tell, the idea's been dead and untalked about for about two months. I just want to ask if we can go ahead and do that thing now? I don't see a reason not to, and it'd be useful to know if it actually works. We could maybe do a trial period, (now until like, February 2016 or something?), and if there's any evidence it's breathing a bit of life into the LLO, we could keep it?
    zulu9, penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  11. We've put the federation system into place in some capacity. Right now though, there's not enough people to get it working well. What we really need to do is get more people interested. The town hall competition is meant to be a way to attract some interest, but I think we might need to do some more direct advertising.

EDIT: Does anyone know who built the West Little Toronto station?
    zulu9 likes this.
  12. That reminds me: we should probably get around to planning the EMC Olympics (and maybe changing up the LLO Stadium a bit? :p), if you still remember what we talked about like, a year ago :p
    zulu9 likes this.
  13. Yes, but there are too many districts to start with. This version of the borders may be more easily implemented.

1 = Dry Rock Village. Is an exclave of Neve Farms.
    2 = Chicken Shores
    3 = N. Edge and Jimbotown
    4 = Central LLO

Proposed representatives:

Central LLO: Philovanrood
    Chicken Shores: Sunny_Chicken
    East LLO: Mrlegitislegit
    Neve Farms: NevePlaysDota
    N. Edge and Jimbotown: Jimbonothing64
    Northern LLO: penfoldex
    Oceanic LLO: SoulPunisher
    West LLO: mba2012
  14. There's some good ideas there, I think we'll probably go with that.

Two suggestions though. First, I think the swamp area, which is part of the central LLO district in that map, should be made part of the north LLO district. Secondly, the jungle and southern mountain area of the LLO should be made part of the central LLO district. Should this be a problem?
    zulu9 likes this.
  15. Double post but oh well.

I got bored and iIended up working out that the LLO stadium has "capacity" for 931 people :p
    zulu9, penfoldex and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  16. I disagree. I think we should have meetings as often as possible. Therefore, I'll be hosting a meeting at random times, and if you happen to be online, stop by. I feel like we actually achieve things at in-game meetings more so than just discussing stuff on the forums. Meeting in-game gets me to actually log in so I end up doing some work around LLO.

Welcome back, Soul! I like the idea of a trial period. Let's do it.

Good plan Sunny. As for representatives, we do have to make sure each person is willing and will do their job.

And as for these suggestions…I have to agree. Those suggestions make more sense and I think that is all the change we need currently to the map.

So, last thing. We need to figure out what the representatives are required to do. I feel like the most important thing is communication. They need to be talking with people in their district, gather their concerns and suggestions, and voice them to the "council". Any other ideas?
    zulu9, synth_apparition and mba2012 like this.
  17. Longest thread?
    gamerlord48 and penfoldex like this.
  18. Yep! Congrats on being the 13900 post on it. :p
    ReptilianCat likes this.
  19. Congrats on starting the 696th page
    penfoldex likes this.