smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Nothing.
    I dare to say all this plans reviving the LLO has failed because none of us aren't actually doing anything about it.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  2. We could start some group projects.
  3. I've been watching this thread closely and I have two things to say...

What I consider for you members of LLO is to discuss within in your group is to what to preserve. I know you are the largest outpost on smp7 and probably EMC but for the members you have it's hard to keep everything in check.

I suggest to preserve Districts 1-3 to keep the heart of the outpost alive and leave everything else.

BUT

You can recruit new members into LLO if you are willing to accept other players. Recruiting new players will keep the outpost alive. More manpower = more interest

If not then what I said above, that is the path I suggest you take.
    zulu9, Sunny_Chicken and JesusPower2 like this.
  4. LLO's always welcome to new players. It always has been, and always will be. We accept anyone, honestly. I'm not sure what your point with that is, as that's our main selling point is. Essentially complete freedom to live in the community.

I'd have to disagree on preserving on Districts 1-3. I think we need to grow out from where we once were. It's far too crowded to continue to live there, and there's so much more stuff in other places that need to stay. I'm still hoping we can relocate the center of LLO to the west, but we need the whole group to do it, or else we'll be split. So..yeah, keep settling the west, people.
    zulu9 and synth_apparition like this.
  5. I was just there and checking chests for player activity south, there are members derelict as far as 1,000 days. I would consider reclaiming what you have.

As far as my points of wisdom I'm out.
    zulu9 and JesusPower2 like this.

6. Hey pen and all LLO citizens, we miss our friends over at smp7 and would like to come for a visit :) Any time you guys will be on to meet up? Otherwise we'll be just checking over from time to time... Hope to see ya soon
    zulu9, Sunny_Chicken and penfoldex like this.
  7. Well, I think Foxy's point is that the LLO is very quiet on SMP7 and isn't actively recruiting or raising awareness.

I've been on SMP7 for over a year and I've never seen any town chat indicating activity at LLO. I've never heard of any events out there, or seen requests for new builds or donations of material supplies. To me it's a ghost town.

I'm not writing this to bash the LLO. I'm just offering a perspective from a player who lives on SMP7, logs in daily and encourages the development of outposts. I'd guess to most players <18mos it is either unknown or has the reputation of being a relic.
  8. If nothing changes my plans, I intend on hosting a meeting tomorrow at about 6 PM EMC time (time subject to change). You're welcome to come to that!

Thanks for your input. Sadly, yes, that is true. We don't really have members who live in smp7 town living with us out in the wild, so that makes it hard to talk about in LLO's home server (not that much publicity is put out on other servers either). I suppose a publicity campaign wouldn't hurt.
    zulu9 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  9. Just a reminder that a meeting will most likely be happening later today, at 6 PM EMC time. It'll be held at the lighthouse in the West, so just make your way to the westward bridge and look for a really tall thing in the water. Hopefully nothing changes, and this meeting happens! :D

(Have some ideas on some things we could do, like community projects)
    Galantisizer likes this.
  10. I will attempt to attend.
    penfoldex likes this.
  11. I just realized that this is the longest thread on the forums. ._.
    tuqueque likes this.
  12. This is Sunday morning 7 am for me :confused: Nvm, I set my alarm! Northwest of central spawn, right?
  13. Sorry! With all the different timezones, it's really hard to accommodate for everyone (Sorry, Soul :p). And yes. I can guide you through our nether route though, if you wish!
  14. Haha, no problem. I consider myself in a weird timezone, similar to mba, though he might have different appreciation of it :p

Yeah, some guidance would be nice. Gonna come to smp7 in time and get some supplies, too.
    penfoldex likes this.
  15. Sorry for the delay on this post. Got sidetracked.

So, things we discussed at the meeting.
    Group projects:
    •Public Storage: Perhaps we need one of these to draw people in. The draw factor is that that storage will have plenty of building materials (and some goodies) that draw people into coming without the need to gather materials that are hard to find. The goodies are mostly there to deter thieves from other materials.
    •Building Automated Farms: These projects certainly take a long time to complete, and require quite a few people working to finish them. The payoff is well worth it.
    •Griefing Repair contest: Want to get rewarded for fixing griefing? Just take a screenshot and PM me!
    •Community Garden: We could start a garden that requires a lot of maintenance. No maintenance, and it'll be slowly ruined.

Other things:
    So, we still need to complete the nether route to the western portal, but once that's complete, our settling of the west should be much smoother. The town hall/guesthouse/gym still needs to be built.
    PoC's building a small cottage behind the location of the guesthouse.

Promoting LLO: We did a little bit of discussing, and some of the ways we can get LLO more out there is by putting a link in our signature. I believe Sunny has one already. We can also throw books at people giving them a feel for what LLO is and some info on how to join. We can also be more active in town chat in propelling people our way. If something seems to relate to LLO, speak up.

That's it for now. See you all next week for another meeting! (Or sooner if we see each other in-game!)
  16. About the guesthouse. I was thinking it might be good to have some kind of competition to design (and possibly built) it. If we advertise the competition in another thread we could direct people here and create a fair bit of interest. If no one thinks this is a bad idea, I might see if I can that started soon.
    zulu9, penfoldex and NathanRP like this.
  17. I think that would be a great idea
    penfoldex likes this.
  18. Uh. HELP.

zulu9 likes this.
  19. Apologies for the double post, but literally a minute after Momentus was brought down…
    zulu9, NathanRP and Kaizimir like this.
  20. Haha, minibosses spawn like crazy at the moment. Suri and I killed another Momentus in the LLO before.
    Btw, this is my spawn bed in the picture.

And this will be the future home of the PoC in the LLO (the unfished house to the left in the picture):