smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. welcome! Can't Give you info atm (someone will I hope) but do come for meeting (srsly, if no one turns up don't expect me to remind everyone. Why do I have to be the one that reminds them of a meeting?)
  2. There's really nothing worthy to discuss that needs to be dealt with in-game meeting to be honest.
  3. What about federation system?
    penfoldex likes this.
  4. And they're always held late in the evening/too early in the morning for a lot of us.
    That was pretty much all flexed out in a private message between the LLO's more senior and 'most active' members. There's not much to discuss. Besides, if anybody has questions or things to point out, it doesn't hurt anyone to do it here.
    Jakres likes this.
  5. 1. Am more than happy to change it to 7pm emc time
    2. The federation system was agreed to happen, but it wasn't finalised as to how it would be setup (borders, etc.)
    3. Meetings are generally much better at explaining ideas but also provide a larger sense of community
    penfoldex and Kaizimir like this.
  6. Actually discussions on the forums or PM is much more better choice because of timezone difference and anyone can read the post(s) again (Its like reading the discussion from an archive). Not to mention pictures too without the need to click them every time. And that also means I have to stay awake on 1 am just to be in-game meeting. Making it 7 pm means I have to stay awake on 2 am.
    In-game chat can turn really messy and making long texts can be annoying. Making posts on the forums makes things look much cleaner.
    NevePlaysDota and SoulPunisher like this.
  7. Meh. That may work for the Australians and New Zealanders/others among us, but for me and those of us in the UK and Europe, that's running into the early morning :p
  8. Yes.
    Hey, welcome to LLO! I'll send you some stuff in a PM so be sure to check your inbox soon!
    There's a reason why we hold meetings. We're a community. These meetings actually get all of us (sometimes) together in one spot. Sure, they're not always the best way to go about things, but I believe that if we want the community to be truly unified, the meetings are the right way to go. We've had fun times at meetings before. We bond. It's worth it, in my book, to still have them.
    I think it's about time to discuss it to everyone though. We've already voted and passed the idea, so isn't it due time to implement it? I feel like we can actually divide the "boundaries" in-game today.
    Thanks, Neve. :)
    zulu9 and Kaizimir like this.
  9. Wait, so, when's the meeting? :p
    Kaizimir and penfoldex like this.
  10. Good question. We could have one now? Or did Neve host one already?
    Kaizimir likes this.
  11. I'm not sure whether I could make it on for one now :p But you could host one without me.

I think we should organise meetings a weekend in advance. So we start planning for the next meeting now :p

My vote is for 6pm EMC time next week :p
  12. I'll cast my vote for 6 as well. Should be able to make that oneā€¦
  13. Meetings are not what its used to be years ago and so far its been just stand there silently and these small discussions things that would be easily be posted on the forums to show of its activity to attract new players. This gives everyone on the forums to take a part of the discussion. I rarely see posts that talks about what happened in the meeting now. I also haven't seen any new members discuss about a topic or even be at the meeting.
    If you want to have fun with the community, then host meet-up/party instead.
    If you want to have discussions about federation system, announce something or ask the community about something, then post it here. Why have in-game meeting for those people who can come, but those who can't come because of IRL reason?
    zulu9 and synth_apparition like this.
  14. I think the reason it's been so quiet at meetings is simply because of the lack of activity happening in-game that people feel like reporting. I prefer the meeting in-game though because you actually have to get in the game to the location. I feel like that shows more about whether or not you care to go to the meeting. If you put the effort into attending when you're able, that shows a lot more commitment to the outpost. Of course, there are some people who simply can't make it to the meetings, and we're by no means excluding them, that's what forum posts are for. Typically what we discuss in-game will transfer over to forums. Plus it gives people a reason to come to the LLO in-game.

I'm not trying to defend meetings as the best way to go about things. It probably isn't. It's just something I enjoy having every weekend (despite not being able to attend many as of late :oops:). It does have its ups and downs, but hey, no one said that's the way we have to operate.
  15. Coord's Please? CAN'T FIND IT! Which outpost too.
    Thank you.
  16. Are you interested in joining? If so, I can send you a PM with some welcome info and coords if you like? If you plan on just visiting, I can arrange for that as well.
    zulu9 likes this.
  17. Sorry XD I just found the outpost on the map it's just... OVERLAND JOURNEY IS CRAZY (sorry for caps!)
    EDIT: Maybe put a few signs?
  18. To be honest, I think we're actually pretty close to spawn, unlike most outposts. That being said, we are a more public outpost. As for signs guiding people to the outpost, we'd rather not, as that might lead to griefers or thieves heading here based on signs in-game. If they want to come, we don't want to make it easy for them to get here. :p
  19. Ah
    Anywhere to settle for me? I arrived at the site XD
    zulu9 likes this.
  20. Yeah, I'll PM you the coords for where we're expanding to. That way you'll be near the new center of town!