smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Oh, if anyone has ideas for events we could hold in the stadium, please share. I personally would prefer events that staff aren't hosting to avoid competition with them. So if there are anything we could do that they don't currently have, that would be ideal. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Is anyone opposed to adding a carrot section to the public farms out west?
    zulu9, FriskyBetta and mba2012 like this.
  3. Shout out to whoever completed the nether route to the west! Thanks so much! :D
    zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  4. The EMC Olympics.

I planned to host them waaay back in August 2012, but never did (due to time and technical restraints, and EMC going through a massive member drop - most of the participants in the EMC Olympics left). Me and mba discussed merging the EMC and LLO Olympics together about a year ago, but I don't think anything ever came of that discussion. If we do end up doing them, it'd most likely be around August - November :p
    zulu9 likes this.
  5. I was told to come here to join the outpost. So is there anything that I need to do or is there any jobs open because I would love to join your outpost.
  6. Everyone is welcome to join! I'm probably the least helpful person to get you to the LLO, so you might have to wait for penfoldex or someone to PM you some maps and stuff. However, on the smp7 live map, if you look just northwest of spawn you'll easily see the LLO, it has a number of bridges and a massive wall around it.

In terms of jobs, at the moment, you can create your own jobs. Is there anything specifically that you'd be interested in doing because I might be able to help you out.
    zulu9 and Kaizimir like this.
  7. Best skills I got for minecraft really just include writing, blowing things up, making traps and automating things with Redstone.
  8. I'd like to join if you are looking for members. Are there any applications I need to fill out?
    zulu9, Kaizimir and penfoldex like this.
  9. Well, automating things is really useful for farms and things. We already have a few farms around, however it's been a long time since they were fixed up, and we don't have a full set of farms in the west. Would that be something of interest?

Otherwise, I'm sure if we can attract more members, that there will be demand for services and things that you might be offering.

No, no applications or anything! If you want to be a member, you're a member :D

Like I said just above, I'm not the greatest person for getting people to the LLO. It is visible on the smp7 live map just to the northwest of spawn, that's if you're willing to walk over land. Otherwise, there is a nether route and I'll see if I can make up a post describing how to use it soon.
  10. I'll send both of you a PM soon! Welcome to the LLO!
    zulu9, mba2012 and Kaizimir like this.
  11. Thank you for the acceptance into LLO I shall do my best to wire up your farms and I will keep a journal during my days there. Also nice profile pic!
  12. Thanks, haha. Let us know if you need any help getting there!
  13. Bump for the llo and glad to see new members
  14. What 1.9 means for LLO. A first impressions of the update with Pen.

Hey y'all. As you might know, 1.9 came out today. There's quite a bit added that I think would be cool to use around LLO. The Elytra are quite fun to use, and I think they'd be a great way to see the LLO, at least the older section. We have a lot of high points we can jump off of, such as Philo's Tower. I might even bring my favorite activity from Sunstreak Islands over to LLO. Skydiving! Only now, I think I'll add vertical loops as obstacles as well.

Moving on, the Frost Walker enchantment gave me a great idea for a mini-game. We could fill the stadium with water, and have players starting at different spots. They run around with a pickaxe trying to knock people onto the ground or water. It's sort of like spleefing, but a lot more slipperier! :D

This, of course, probably calls for adventures to the End. Perhaps we could start a monthly expedition (I have no idea how long it would take to gather the materials to fight the dragon)? This will give us something to consistently work towards?

Thoughts? Comments? Anything?

-Pen
  15. This is a great idea I was going to going to the end to get chorus fruit for a arm after EMC updates as I have been testing out farms. The frost walker enchantment is rare so I don't think many will have it.
    zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  16. zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  17. Hey! Glad you're showing interest! I'll PM you a conversation with coords and some other information. As for the items, I'll let other members barter with you. :)
  18. Oh my I just remembered something about the outpost. My journal was left there so it wouldn't be lost if I died, (Which I did) if any of you would be kind to mail me it if you can it's in a chest in somebody's house.
    zulu9 likes this.
  19. Not to be critical or anything, but there are a lot of houses in LLO.
  20. Could you describe the house?
    What's the concern with that?
    zulu9 likes this.