[GUIDE] How to play on EMC before we upgrade to latest update

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Jun 30, 2012.

1. If you follow this guide, you'll be able to update and play on EMC. :)
  2. But im terrible with files and such.
  3. Thanks for the help anyways, but last time I got involved with my
    minecraft files I almost couldnt play minecraft. I was only *Trying* To
    Download a mod.
  4. Explain how to use it please :), I really suck at using computers.
  5. Hey I dont need help ( sry if you started typing ) I tried and got it :D
  6. 5. Update and wait.
  7. Good job Jack. This should be posted up on the front page/pinned up in the forums.
  8. I'd advise you just use Spoutcraft if you want to update and play on EMC, just click here (Windows) and open the file that's downloaded, if you're on a Mac click here and on Linux click here.
  9. About that 10 day reset res thing. Can u guys turn it off? If the server dosent update in 10 days will i will i lose my res?
  10. I think it is turned off. :)
  11. Thx for the info. And nvm i got spoutcraft working.
  12. <3 you Jack. I needed this today :)
  13. Another option - one that i use is :-
    go to your %appdata% or equivalent for mac create a new folder call it .mc 1.2.5 then put your existing .minecraft into it.
    Then go to the mc website and login click to play in browser and the new 1.3.1 will down load. close your mc web browser and go to your desktop mc as normal double click to open it and login to the game and you can play on the 1.3.1 version with your 1.2.5 version still safe and not updated.
    To go back to the 1.2.5 version close mc, go to %appdata% or equivalent for mac create a new folder call it .mc 1.3.1 then put your new .minecraft into that.

Then go to .mc 1.2.5 that you created earlier and open it use control x to cut or control c to copy it close .mc 1.2.5 then inside %appdata% click control v to paste your .minecraft 1.2.5 version. when you have done that you can open your mc on your desktop and play your 1.2.5 version.

As long as you don't click update but rather down load a new version your 1.2.5 is safe. Just to repeat my self [DO NOT CLICK UPDATE] just save your 1.2.5 version in a separate folder and then download the new version [DO NOT UPDATE OLD VERSION] or you will not be able to play on EMC until it has updated.

I hope this helps those that want to try the new version while keeping your old version safe.
  14. i dont think it's automated, as my friend was away from EMC for 3 months or so, and he still has his res.
  15. I have learned more since my original posts on the matter. It is mostly automated, but it waits until resinces are needed to start unclaiming them. (So if smp1 gets all of its open residences claimed - then the system should automatically Unclaim several from the queue.)
  16. Ah... so Smp7 was empty for a long time...
  17. Here is the statement from IcC which pretty well explains this subject (residences resetting)

18. I'm going to give this thread a little bump. Yes, I know it's old and the red message is there, but a new update has been released so it's now relevant again.