[GUIDE] How to play on EMC before we upgrade to latest update

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I always use spoutcraft.
  2. I have posted a guide on how to downgrade.
  3. I went to the menu on spoutcraft and clicked ON for shaders, and now it wont load or anything.
    Could you help?
  4. Le bump. We post this everywhere anyway, so it makes sense to make it more obvious in the forum list. :)

(considering this is linked to constantly, I don't think the red message really applies here)
    nfell2009 likes this.
  5. Potato*
  6. i remember this thread..... :D

EDIT: for those using magic, you wont know the update came out unless you look onto the forums. i didnt even know xD
    nfell2009 likes this.
  7. ... For the Record- don't take everything I said earlier in the thread as Fact. This as from before I joined the Staff
  8. Help with Spoutcraft, I once clicked on for shaders, and now it wont load.
  9. Urm... try deleting your .spoutcraft folder in %appdata%
  10. Maybe add to the options that you can download something called the Digiex minecraft launcher. It works like a charm and requires no replacing of folders/deleting of folders.
  11. /bringupsameoldthreadlikenormalonupdates

Now with option 6!
  12. That text irritates my eyes having to read it. Not sure if it's the italics, no spaces or both combined. XD
    kevdudeman and JackBiggin like this.
  13. I just use the Magic Launcher Jar file thing.....its about the same as choosing mods, plus you can get the Jar files from Minecraft wiki......it really isnt that hard if you have magic launcher...

(Edit) God i just realized how old this thread is......
  14. It's okay. It's basically one of those threads which are designed to be bumped at certain times.
  15. :rolleyes::p
  16. You can easily save you existing minecraft, Go to %appdata% create a new folder call it MCOLD and drag and drop you minecraft into it. Then go to your desktop and double click to log into minecraft this will download a new updated version of minecraft and place it into your %appdata% folder.

when you want to play on EMC, until the update you need to use the MCOLD so create a new Folder call it MCNEW and drag and drop your updated minecraft into it.

Then open your MCOLD folder cut the minecraft that is in there click back to your %appdata% and paste the minecraft folder there then go back to your desktop and open minecraft, you can then login to EMC and play as normal.

Just reverse the process to play the NEW update.

You can call the folders what ever you like I used MCOLD and MCNEW as examples only.
  17. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an answer to a question or a problem someone had with the above info I have done a video response that I hope gives clear information on what do.

This information is relevant for any future mc update also so it might be prudent to save the video in your YouTube favourite's

JackBiggin likes this.
  18. Blump. Update is out.
    Silken_thread likes this.