EMC Dragon Tombs Info

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So freakin' (and a few other words) cool. Great update. Thanks ICC, Justin & everyone else behind the scenes. Can't wait for this:)
  2. What purpose would a dragon egg have for strip mining? Ok, you could protect your land from other miners, but what's the use in that? The wild is infinitely huge...there's plenty of room to mine.

jkjkjk it's OK. I'm happy to serve the SMP5 community. :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Good point! And i actually bought out you, wassatthen, and caesar... So anyone who needs to sell glass, go to 10117 (best selling price), 10498, or 10881 on smp5. We seem to have a shortage;)
    shavingfoam likes this.
  4. It is a way for supporters to hide from the live map... I thought admins can do it, since mods can.
  5. i want a dragon egg but ill probably never get one :(
  6. No he knows what the command is... He just didn't understand what your sentence meant... Nor did I.
  7. I think he was under the assumption ICC would be manually placing the portals and that people could just watch where he goes on the live map.

But nope, it will all be automated :)
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  8. I love this idea! I'm willing to go hunt the dragon if anyone wants to come with me! Dragon raiding parties, begin!
  9. wait, will any of the res updates include a new flag for villager trading?
  10. if i payed a lot of r to have my whole lots dirt removed by people, could possibly get a dragon egg? since i already had the whole thing dug out i figured it'd make since if i could get an egg in return since it clears a whole lot of dirt.
  11. Hold on, if we die in the arena, do we still get a dragon egg once the dragon is killed?
  12. claiming land in the wild is a bad idea...im sorry but i have seen many servers that allow u to claim in the wild and it just destroys the wild especially mining :( you have to avoid ppl lnd and its such a hassle! then you have to travel so far :( and people often clam land that your mine happens to be under then you have no access to it at all please dont add it :( i BEG you please dont add wild claiming :(
  13. I'm sorry buy you have obviously not read the entire thread before posting this whine, if you had you would know that you have to be a SET distance from spawn of /wild /nether /end (nether and end still in discussion phase) before you can claim land. This is to ensure that there is at least 10,000 linear cubes of rugged wilderness for you to explore in any direction of /wild spawn. So you have nothing to worry about regards bumping into someone else's mine, it is exactly the same chances of finding someones wild base as now, only with a egg the base would be protected from greifing.
    jkjkjk182 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  14. I must say man, I take my hat off to you! I have just started with programming (C++) and it is a pain when you get into the complex stuff.

I cannot even begin to think of the logistics of pulling something like this off! If your pull this off you BAWS! Looking forward to it! And thanks for doing this for EMC :)
    jkjkjk182 and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  15. If any of u have heard of Metroidcraft, u probably know what happened. anyways, a long, long time ago, roughly a year to be exact, there was a server called Metroidcraft. It was the first server I had ever played on, i hadnt even played single-player before i joined the server. well, i had gone on vaca to San Diego, however, at that time, i didnt have a laptop, but my brother did. While we were there 1 night, he discovered the legendary game.... OF MINECRAFT! (it was at about the time of Beta 1.7.1) he bought the game and started a single-player world... where he fell into a rly steep cave, lost half of his life, then got pushed into another steep cave at the bottom of the first 1 by a zombie. i laughed when i saw the respawn screen appeared. however, we had to go to sleep, it was late that night and we were tired from jet lag. the next night, after a fun day of activities, i looked at his laptop only to see him playing on the multi-player server, Metroidcraft. In this server, there were no towns, but u cud claim residences. when we got back, i joined. i made a massive mansion atleast 20 times the size of my brother's hut. (while i was getting supplies, i live in an apartment at the edge of my brother's res, under his house. somebody dug down next to his res and opened a hole in the side of my apartment... i was greifed :( ) Later on, i found a chest in the side of the mountain near my brother's house, (also near my house, which neighbored his. both of our houses were on islands near the mountain) and in the chest was 4 stacks of DIAMOND BLOCKS!!! they also accidentally made me a vip XD! i got free diamond tools every time i typed '/tool vip' or something like that, i dont entirely remember. (i cud use that command every 30 minutes) as a member, u cud only get stone tools by using the command '/tool set' or something like that, i also dont remember that 1 very well. (i cud use that command every hour) however, a few weeks later, the residences were suddenly reset (nothing was destroyed, but anyone cud build and destroy on my res again) when i logged on the next day, i found my house greifed, monsters spawning everywhere, my golden statue using a stack of gold blocks gone, all of my diamonds gone, my double chest of diamond tools simply a single chest of dirt, cobble, and mostly open slots, etc. After a few days of MANY complaints to the mods, admins, and owners, the server was closed. so, my question is:
    Twelfth of all, is there a chance that the residences would ever be reset or anything?
  16. hire someone with a dragon egg to dig your res. Nuff said
  17. oops, i meant to edit my previous post, but i accidently reported it >_>
  18. yeah, land claiming is a bad idea. what if someone just claimed the land with my house on it if i was there first?

EDIT: well, i guess i could ask him to unclaim it. and if he refuses to give it back it my be stealing right? so we could have it settled with a mod.
    astrayalien and 10101Link10101 like this.
  19. 12th of all first... I would assume that there will be some way for them to delete the protection of Old Wild residences similar to the derelict policy; but most likely it will be different.
    I know this for a fact though: The Staff Will NOT delete that wild residence protection without first letting us, the players know, first...

Now backtracking to 11th (I don't know what 1-10 was...) As it is right now, Your XP transfers through all of the ten servers and Worlds, Yes it is safe to assume that you will also use the same XP for this Arena. As of right now, the only way you lose XP is by enchanting something with it in EMC; so they will likely would not reset that...

I think I have answered that to the best of my ability...
  20. Umm, this would be considered griefing... Obviously the staff will have detailed logs on where the land is claimed...
    oidgod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.