Contest: The Incredible Machine!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Feb 24, 2012.

1. APPLICATION:

Username: Shuegadef
    Server: Smp5
    Lot # (or Wild): Lot#-10927
    status (complete / not complete):Complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary:There will be a Video on Youtube
    Function (What does your machine do?): it is a Mass Potion Brewery, which allows up to 30 potions in under a minute, with a convienent place to store there ingredients in a fancy 15 minecart storage system. It also has enchantment tables with selectable levels and a water elevator to get back up. (It took over 10 Stacks of redstone, and it took hours to make all the farms for the ingreients, like slimeballs, spider eyes, ect.)
  2. Well... looks like I'm gonna need to finish up that combo-lock, safe door I was working on for you, Jabr!

Either that or try to make one of the other crazy ideas on my creative server become a reality. Hmmm...

In any case, I'm gonna be rushing it! Love the competition idea though!
  3. Username : Prothagarus
    Server : SMP-5
    Lot # : 11048
    Location on lot : Spawn
    Function : Raise separated water bridge and open hidden piston door.
  4. APPLICATION:
    Username: beanat
    Server: smp4
    Lot#: 8401 - UPDATED TO CORRECT LOT
    Function: A truely randomized slot machine. Button toggles between reset mode and play mode. Push to reset, wait for "Game Ready" light, push button again to play. Simple game, press a button win dirt! Took me about 4 hours to build the redstone programming. Open to public to view, redstone above and below ground.
  5. Edit: added a link to my video :)
  6. Username: ZCarmichael
    Server: smp3
    Lot # (or Wild): 6443
    status (complete / not complete): complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary: It's on my lot, you will need me there to see it in action
    Function (What does your machine do?): I am entering my creation for the creativity section of this contest. My machine is a Rube Goldberg machine to open and close a door. I'm not going to give what happens away, but I will say that it involves a lot of redstone and pistons. Also, it is a HUGE pain to reset if I accidentally set something off. Hope that you'll like it.
  7. Username: just_five_fun
    Server: smp4
    Lot#: 8703
    Location on lot: follow path from spawn
    Status: complete , working, but not as pretty or error proof as i want. Also needs some fine tuning on the timing because it's pretty slow going down. Not enough hours in the day.

Function: This is a working piston operated elevator. Yes, a real working one. Push button go up 4 blocks, push button at top go back down 4 blocks. Up is so easy it's silly so no real breakthrough, but about a mile of redstone to make the suckers come back down. Be aware that it goes up in 4 clicks, but takes about 12 to come back down, so it seems like it's not working, but wait for it! Only press the button 1 time or you will break it still. I've been grinding on this for weeks now so that is why i haven't worked out automatic doors or error resistance for multiple button clicks. Think this is too easy? Find me another working example anywhere that goes down. Wiring is visible through the 1st floor or stairs lead to the control room for closeup inspection.

Now that mine is done i cant wait to get out and look at all the other entrants. Thanks for your interest.
  8. Mine is an elevator but not with pistons only trap doors
    BigDavie likes this.
  9. Late, but I just built it so.. Yeah lol

Username: nerone94
    Server: Utopia
    Lot # (or Wild): 5151
    status (complete / not complete): Complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary: to the right of spawn
    Function (What does your machine do?): Semi-Automatic Sheep farm. Holds sheep in place for shearing, collects wool in one spot and then lets you collect it by walking in front of some glass. when turned off allows grass to grow and wool to regrow on the sheep.
  10. My application is still not on the list, will it be entered?
  11. Jaber check your pms i have a prob
    BigDavie likes this.
  12. Sorry guys, but I gotta withdraw. I know I can build a LOT of epic things with redstone, and I'll show it off in the future (not to brag :p ) but I've been pretty busy and just don't have time to make anything epic.
  13. Same.
  14. I'm joining. :)

Username: Lyptuzz
    Lot # (or Wild): 7495
    status (complete / not complete): Complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary: Spawn
    Function (What does your machine do?): It is a lighthouse, but you can only see it at night, so JabrZer0, please judge it when you see it at night. :)
  15. I have already entered but I want to change it.:)

Username: Equinox_Boss
    Lot # (or Wild): 1303
    status (complete / not complete) Complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary: Behind Spawn
    Function (What does your machine do?): It is a trap door elevator. No pistons, no problem. Just read the instructions on the elevator.
    BigDavie likes this.
  16. :(Why Is Mine Not On The List! I've worked hard.
  17. Please send me a PM with a link to the video when it's done :)
  18. OMG... TJ, you're alive!
    I haven't seen you in like weeks.
  19. Yeah, I was on hiatus. We're starting a new Member's City in smp7, if you're interested.

Hit this up to see more

Also, I was kidding about that door. I don't have the time or resources to complete it soon enough to submit. I am gonna reset my res though. Got something really cool planned for it.
  20. Signs placed from Spawn of my res to lead you to the machine. You will need to contact me when I'm online to see the guts of the machine if you are interested.