Contest: The Incredible Machine!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Feb 24, 2012.

1. 1x1 automated wheat farm. I have no freaking idea how they even replicated the inner-workings unless they were either using a see-through texture pack OR they made up their own workings on the inside, either way, its identical to mine. check the video...
  2. That happened to me too. It didn't make it into the contest though -- must have been one of the ones that couldn't be filmed for whatever reason.

I guess we should be flattered, though, that someone thought our entries deserved to be duplicated :D
  3. Well, the "Inner-workings" is a BUD switch - thats 5 different blocks.

And alot of things like this has been made before.

However - i find it nice that more people have the same idea, sorta makes the decision go towards "compactness" of the build instead of just the same old "it has to work" criteria.
  4. right, the BUD switch I used had a T-flip-flop, and underground trigger wire and four separate pistons. It was simple, but i figured my idea was quite original.
  5. I do indeed like it - without a doubt :)
  6. If in fact they did NOT cheat, the human mind is... nifty. Our brains went through some of the same processes to arrive at the same conclusion. It's actually kind of wild. =P
    margaritte likes this.
  7. Don't be bitter, it's a great design :) and like all great designs, people tend to copy them, whether from you or from youtube or from some random friend or another source, all that means is that it's a good machine :)
  8. oh, i'm not bitter. I'm completely puzzled lol.