Chat Updates

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by JustinGuy, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Love the "@" shortcut for "tell".
  2. Yea, you should be able to have group conversations. Maybe you could type '@AlexChance' and then '/pm add hayleycolgan, platypus364' and all the other people you want in the conversation.
  3. that would be awesome and make it supporter host only :p like only supporters can add people to the conversation and then you can give the group a name so if you cancel supporter then you can still do /join Friend talk...
    Nole972 and JustinGuy like this.
  4. That sounds good
  5. Well done sir! It has been a pleasure watching the Empire grow into such a mature, full functioned, server; by far my favorite and now-permanent MC home.

Kudos and thank you!
    nmanley and JustinGuy like this.
  6. wait just a quick little thought will /tell work? sorry i have not read all the posts here so i dont know if this was asked earlier.
  7. Yes /tell still works
  8. This is good, but I still think it would limit regular players' abilities. What if a regular wants to talk with a group of regular friends, but can't, because they can't spend money to support EMC? Also, to expand on this, I think that in order to have someone join a conversation, the initiator of the conversation must invite them, and the invited one would get a message saying 'SecretAznEks has invited you to a conversation. To accept, type /pm join. To ignore all conversation requests for this conversation, type /pm ignore.' Just some ideas.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  9. Ohhhhh that would be really cool.
    I know there's a TON of clans on EMC who worry about using local to talk about "clan only" stuff, and are worried about eavesdroppers, and trying to convey info to multiple people through PM takes a while (try PM ing a group of 6 people the same thing ) I know of at least three of the "clans"on smp7 alone and i am sure that this would be a huge hit if it was added.
    And it would be something simple for the command like /p chat invite (name) and they would be invited to that chat and they could then accept or ignore the request
  10. Just read this lol
    Yes I think that this would be needed to avoid having people invite others to a private chat without others knowing.
  11. That sounds. AWESOME!
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  12. How do you even make a tab?
  13. Good question, I know it's in some thread somewhere but there are quite a few post to go thru to find it.
    How about a "How it works" Sticky thread d1223m?
  14. Awesome! I've been hoping for an easier way to tell player private messages. Thanks a ton for everything!
  15. I wish there was a way to get the ban/kick messages without getting the join/leave messages. The former are generally amusing to keep a watch on, while I typically don't care about the latter.
  16. Can we please have an option to turn off the shop notifications?

When you're in the Wild and you get spammed with purchase messages, it destroys a bit of the ambience.
  17. I'm also jumping back in to confirm that we cannot leave Supporter Chat?

If that is the case, I wonder how many Supporters would like it to be reconsidered? Right now I'm watching Town Chat and Supporter Chat cause my chat screen to whizz by as there are about six different conversations going on.
  18. man i liked leaving and joining channels... i also liked how in town u could do /ch l then /who to see who is on your res but that's gone now :( I also don't like the changed messages...........
    I really like the @ and @@ especially @@ because im sick of typing /tell soandso blahblahblah but you can now do @@blahblahblah so i think thats a good feature... i just think im not used to change hahaha
  19. What I find annoying is how many people use a public chat room (like Town or Supporter) to hold one-on-one conversations. To everyone else, they are just noise (unless they have an unhealthy interest in other people's private conversations, in which case it's probably fascinating) but when I've tried telling people to take those conversations to private conversations, they complain that it's too much hassle. *sigh* Lazy bums. :p
  20. how is it a hassle?? all you type is @@ and then your message...:confused: