Chat Updates

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by JustinGuy, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Improving Empire one step at a time :)
  2. Awesome! Nice work! :D
  3. I found a bug when i turn chat off it still shows when im entering or leaving a protected zone in the wild
  4. I don't think that's a bug. I'd honestly rather it tell me if I'm entering/leaving protected zone.
    szczak and hayleycolgan like this.
  5. Correct, that is not a bug. System messages like that will always be shown :)
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  6. @JustinGuy
    Can you please add a faster way to leave a conversation (when i do /tell (playername) all the messages go to him, but before the update when i did /tell again i would leave the conversation)
    Also, thanks for the update. I post this here and i know it's a bit off but it's for you to see it: Any posibility of adding a channel only for promotionating shops, selling items, asking for rupees, asking for people interested in jobs, people promoting random games and anything that's related to money? ¨like "R chat, for rupees and anything related to it"
    Most of the chat (i could say spam) i see in the server it's related to such things, and other stuff that's actually important, fun, related to minecraft or people asking for help (important stuff) get lost in the crowd...
    SpaceShuttleFan likes this.
  7. ^^^ This. And could you also make it so once you're in a conversation, you can do /tells from within it? For example, I do @AlexChance to start a conversation. Then I realize I need to tell hayley something, so I do @hayleycolgan hi there, but Alex gets the message "@hayleycolgan hi there"
    hayleycolgan likes this.
    Can puny humans such as me, still chat with supporters?
  8. You're not puny. But no.
    EDIT: Not in the supporter channel, anyways.
  9. Yes you can chat with supporters, just that they will have to be in town chat or local chat also.
  10. its hard to get use to this change. i will eventually get it down pat...
  11. Awesome man! I may not be able to play much on the servers, but boy are these updates making me eager for the end of Uni this year!

So whats next for EMC?
  12. Wow sounds cool but can you make it so when you turn chat off you will still recieve private messages?
  13. I would consider making it that way and then a "/chat private off" that is separate :) What does everyone else think?
  14. I actually like that idea. That way you only talk to people you REALLY want to talk to .
    _Stads_ and d1223m like this.
  15. Little changes are good :D
    What if we could PM between servers?
    Not anything other than PM to avoid the GIANT amount of spam it would render the chat pretty much unusable
    Say my shop ran out of stock on Smp9 and i am on Smp7 the Clerk at that shop could PM me about it and i could run over and restock. this way we dont have to wait for people to log on the forums or get on the server in question to restock and whatnot. we could even charge say 5r each message to prevent over usage.
    just a suggestion :D
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  16. I have found the easiest way to leave a convo is to change to the channel you want to be in, such as /ch t, /ch l or /ch s.
    Can't get much simpler then 5 characters. :)
  17. I added a new command /leave, that leaves a private convo, but the shortest way would be /c t
    copherfield likes this.
  18. I want a multi private message so I can have a conversation with all my EMC friends :(
    Spenser6 likes this.